6. The therapist needs therapy, perhaps..

Edward

I was sure this lady (Sophie), Max had suggested is completely utterly nuts. Agreed, she had some degrees to her credit and she is quite young.. to be so accomplished in that field. But, her casual way and her attitude were not my type. 

Great, now I have to look out for another therapist.. or I could Skype Max and ask him to set up calls over zoom or something.. 

While I was lost in my thought, we arrived at a cafe. Unbelievable, I am having coffee at a cafe with my new therapist, who seemed to be very hungry for she was ordering too many things.. 

"So, Edward.. would you like me to add something else to the order?" she asked me..

I said "no, thanks."

"That will be all" she said to the waiter. 

"Edward.. this is totally outside therapy alright.. You are not my patient here.. just an acquaintance. " she said.

I nodded. Do people you meet in the last hour become acquaintances I wondered..

"I don't think I am comfortable hanging out with my therapist and I think we should share a strictly professional relationship instead of a social one.. in my honest opinion. Max and I were close as patient- therapist but never did I hang outside with him, I will just have this coffee and leave Ms.Sophie.." I told her honestly.

"Edward, I really appreciate your honesty.  I just couldn't get one of my closest friends here so I got you for you are a celebrity." she said.

"Am I missing something here?" I asked her.

"Well, you see, one of friend Leo was supposed to be here, but he couldn't due to a meeting.. so I needed to come here for the coffee I heard is quite good.. and I needed to have it today and also some of my other friends would be here, so I didn't want to go alone.. I am sorry, I just didn't want to be alone today ok?" Sophie said..

I wondered. "If my therapist needed therapy too, perhaps.." 

"I am still missing something here. I get it you don't want to talk about it.. I will wait for you to talk about it. I suppose. So, you said the coffee here was great right? I hope you ordered one for me?" I asked her.

She nodded enthusiastically. 

Just then a couple entered the cafe. The guy looked decent enough, the girl he had with him was gorgeous.. everyone did a double take when she entered.. 

"Guess you also think she's gorgeous right? is she gorgeous than your Sylvie?" Sophie asked me..

I looked at her.. She seemed sad.. not jealous nor angry, just sad. 

"Are they your friends?"  I asked her.

She shook her head NO.

Just then, our order had arrived. I was busy looking at our coffees and checking out what she ordered and what I could eat, that I heard a  male voice say "Hey Soph, fancy seeing you here.." in his Aussie accent.

Sophie gave a smile that didn't reach her eyes  and said "Hey Zach, how are you doing?" 

"Oh my god.. you are Edward right?" I heard a screeching voice say. I saw it was the same gorgeous woman, well after she opened her mouth and I heard her voice, she didn't look gorgeous anymore to me. 

I just looked at her and nodded.

Then it was just my acting experience kicking in and I held Soph's hand which was on the table. She looked at me surprised. I was also surprised, I thought her hand would be cold but it was warm and nice. It felt real good. 

 "Soph, would you like to share your croissant with me" I asked her with a wink..

She looked relieved.. and smiled and nodded. 

"Hey Soph, are you dating this guy?" interrupted Zach.. 

His date looked positively jealous and gave Zach and then Sophie a murderous glare and then proceeded to dig into her bag and got a small note pad and pen for me.

At the same time, Soph looked at me to answer Zach's question.

I looked at Zach and told " we are friends hanging out at a cafe.. got any problems?" 

Zach said "No" to me and "See to around Soph" to Sophie and left to find his table.

At the same time, I finished signing an autograph for his date and she thanked me and tried to shake my hand which I did.. and she left searching for Zach.

"So.." I questioned Sophie..

F****ng unbelievable,  Sophie got me here to make some old flame of hers jealous. 

Yes, my therapist needs some therapy. And I am going to visit her for my therapy. Great.. 

Sophie looked at me and said "Thanks, Edward for everything you did here.. I am sure, I don't need to explain for you are a smart man, you figured, but trust me when I say I didn't intend to get you here in the first place ever.. I wanted to come here with Leo, one of my friends, but he couldn't make it.. so .. " 

"I understand if you would like to transfer your case to someone else. I can assure you at our centre, there are many many old and experienced people as well, I will assign you to Dr. Mer.." she was saying while I interrupted her.

"I want you only to be my therapist Sophie." I told her.

She looked surprised again.. "You sure" she asked me.

"I have never been more sure.." I told her looking straight into her eyes.

She wore the same shocked expression.. and then composed herself and said " I promise I will never ever get you out like this or you know get you for my selfish endeavours. I am sorry for today.." 

"I liked the coffee here so it wasn't so bad. I was throughly entertained as well as a bonus and yes the croissant is good too. " I told her.

She laughed and I liked the sound of her laugh.. 

I liked the fact that my therapist was after all a human like me and she didn't pretend to be high and mighty.. in fact I loved Max for the same reason. I felt, I need to give her a chance as well..

After our coffee date, she dropped me at the studios, I had some meetings and overall by the time I reached home, after a long time I had a smile on my face.. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi all,  What do u think about Edward and Sophie's first meeting.. Please share, comment and vote for the story if you are enjoying it, it would motivate me, thanks.