Walking On Eggshells

Eleanor and Georg found themselves sitting in the band's rehearsal space.

Georg leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms above his head. "You know, Eleanor, I've noticed something interesting. Tom seems to have a bit of a... let's call it a 'complicated' dynamic with you. It's like he's trying to keep his distance, but at the same time, he can't help but be intrigued."

Eleanor raised an eyebrow, Bill's words echoing in her mind. "Oh? And what makes you say that, Georg?"

Georg chuckled, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Well, for starters, he's been a little more on edge lately. It's like he's trying to hide something, especially around you. I think he's afraid of showing how much he actually cares."

Eleanor couldn't help but feel a mix of surprise and skepticism. "Tom? Caring? That's hard to believe."

Georg nodded, a knowing smile playing on his lips. "I get it. Tom can be a bit... complex. But believe me, underneath all that bravado, he's got a soft spot. And I have a feeling that spot might just be reserved for you."

Eleanor sighed, her gaze shifting as she tried to process Georg's words. "I don't know, Georg. It's hard to see past his coldness and the way he keeps his distance. It feels like I'm constantly walking on eggshells around him."

Georg leaned forward, his voice sincere. "Tom's not an easy one to crack. He's been through a lot, and he's learned to put up walls to protect himself. But there's a reason he hasn't pushed you away completely. I think he sees something in you, something that intrigues him and challenges him."

Eleanor couldn't deny the truth in Georg's words. There had been moments, fleeting glances and subtle gestures from Tom that hinted at a deeper connection. "So, what do I do, Georg? What am i supposed to do with this information? And how can i break down those walls when i don't even dare to look him in the eyes?"

Georg grinned, his eyes filled with mischief. "Well, first off, don't let his coldness deter you. Keep being yourself, be confident in your talents, and don't be afraid to challenge him. Tom thrives on competition, so show him what you're made of. And most importantly, be patient. Sometimes, it just takes time for people to let their guard down."

Eleanor nodded. "Well, suppose you're right."

Georg clapped her on the shoulder, a supportive gesture. 

Maybe Georg and Bill was right?