Ambush

Eleanor and Tom stood together at the afterparty, drinks in hand, as the music blared in the background. They clinked their glasses together and took a sip before engaging in a conversation.

Tom nudged Eleanor playfully. "Hey, did you see Gustav's moves on the dance floor? I didn't know he had it in him!"

Eleanor laughed, her eyes scanning the crowd. "Yeah, he's got some hidden talents. Who knew the quiet one could bust a move like that?"

Just as they continued their light-hearted banter, Eleanor felt the need for some fresh air and excused herself. She strolled down the quiet streets, enjoying the serenity away from the bustling afterparty. Unbeknownst to her, the same girl from earlier lurked nearby, filled with resentment and anger.

Suddenly, the girl pounced, catching Eleanor off guard. In the scuffle, Eleanor suffered a blow to her head and fainted, collapsing onto the pavement.

Back at the afterparty, Bill noticed Eleanor's absence and approached Tom. "Hey, have you seen Eleanor? She's been gone for quite a while."

Tom's face paled, his eyes widening with concern. "No, I haven't. She said she was going for a walk, but she should have been back by now. Something's not right."

Panic rose within Tom as he realized the gravity of the situation. He frantically searched for Eleanor, asking people if they had seen her, but to no avail. The minutes felt like hours, and a knot tightened in his stomach.

Eventually, Bill and Tom stumbled upon Eleanor, lying on the ground, cradling her injured arm. 

Tom's heart sank as he knelt beside her, his voice filled with guilt. "Eleanor, what the fuck happened? I should have been there to protect you."

Eleanor winced in pain, tears welling up in her eyes. "It was the same girl. She ambushed me again and attacked me. I... I couldn't fight her off."

Bill dialed for medical assistance as Tom gently held Eleanor's broken arm, feeling a surge of guilt and anger coursing through his veins. "I'm so sorry, Eleanor. This is my fault. I should have been there to protect you."

Eleanor's voice was filled with pain but also reassurance. "Tom, it's not your fault. You couldn't have known. Let's just focus on getting me the help I need."

Together, they awaited the arrival of medical professionals, their hearts heavy with worry and regret. Tom vowed to himself that he would do whatever it took to ensure Eleanor's safety, no matter the cost.