Signing up

It was a sunny day, people in town were curious to see who would be signing up, sense it was the day of signing up for being the new captian. Layla walked in the town, seeing how crowed it was. She carefully made her way through all of the people, seeing the line of people signing up. She looked at them carefully, most of them were men on around 20 years old, there were a few girls, but also around 20. If she did this, she could go in history for being the youngest capitan ever, cause she was only aound 15 years old.

She now took a deep breath, walking to the line of people, stopping at the end of it, standing confident, knowing people were looking at her, she could hear people whispering, even people in line were looking at her, when a men spoke "Go home little girl, this is nothing for you" Layla just looked at the man replying "Scared a little girl like me will beat your ass?" Layla could see the anger in the mans eyes, as people were giggeling. Layla now looked to the crowed noticing Evelyn and Jackie, cheering for her in silence.

Finally it was Layla's turn to sign up. The man signing people up, looked at her smiling "What name should i sign you up as?" Layla replied to the man "Warrior of the mind" The name Athena said she should sign herself up as. The man looked surprised but happily wrote it down, nodding to her. Layla turned to leave when the man said "I want to see you beat his ass, i know you can young lady" Layla turned to him and nodded to him with a smile, walking away to Evelyn and Jackie, who were waiting for her.

Evelyn jumped in her arms to hug her, Jackie followed along, now again the trio hugging. "Im so proud of you Layla" Evelyn said having a big smile "Great comeback, you really put that guy on his spot" Jackie said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Layla now put an arm around the 2 "Lets go home" she said while she started walking back to the cave.

When they got back the others were waiting to see them come back.

As soon as they saw the 3, they all ran towards them with joy. Layla nearly getting pick up, good thing a house was heard. They all turned to see a man riding a house towards them, the man looked like one of the men who stod in line before. He had brown hair, as well as a bread. His eyes looked nearly black. He was wearing black clothing, as well as a bit of Iron armour.

Layla now noticed, it was the man who told her to go home, but what was he doing here.

Before Layla could think more he opend is mouth laughing a bit "So, the warrior of the mind, lives in cave, with a group of friends" Ot was clear to Layla that he said that as an insult. "Atleast i have friends" she said. Evelyn and Jackie tried to hold back a giggle.

"Who even are you? Where are you from?" The man asked, Layla confidently said "Im the warrior of the mind, im not from around here" The mans face was starting to turn red. Now looking closely at the group, finally he spoke "I see now, you are an orphan, so is the rest of your little group" Layla looked at the group, not knowing what to say to that. Just as the man thought he had won, Layla spoke "Even if im a orphan, i can still beat your ass, so can the others" she said while pointing to the group behind her.

The man was angry again, his face was red, he would have drawn his sword if it wasent for a girl who rushed towards them on a house, the girl had blonde hair, beautiful green eyes, and was wearing black clothes, also some iron armour.

She stopped in front of the man and said "Leave those kids alone William" The man looked at her annoyed "You are no fun Maya" The girl rolled her eyes, as William turned his horse to go back to town. "Go im coming in a minutte" She said, watching him go, then she turned her face to Layla. Jumpung down from her horse.

"You are very brave, and confident, i like that about you, it will be my honor to fight you for captian" Maya said, while giving a little bow, Layla gave her a nod "It will be my honor to beat your, but mostly Williams ass" Maya smiled, and got back on her horse, and rid back to town.

As she was leaving, the group again started to cheer. Happy that Layla already had made a few friends, but also an enemy.

Layla smiled when she saw the owl, that gave a slight nod.

Layla then turned to get a group hug. Hugging Evelyn and Jackie, before going to bed, cause tomorrow was gonna be the greatest, most importent fight, Layla was ever going to fight.