Halloween

Jisoo

Finally we have holidays now, even though it's only for a week. But I don't care as long as I can rest a bit. Even though we have holidays now, there's gonna be a halloween party at the campus. I actually don't wanna go there but I have too because Joy tried to convince me, and she did it.

I was standing in Joys kitchen, preparing something to eat for us. I slept at her dorm that night because I was too tired to go home. It's almost 10am now. Rosie is probably still sleeping. While cooking, Joy suddenly hugged me from behind. I jumped a bit.

"JOY! You scared me!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry." She laughed and let go of me. "What are you doing?" She asked and stood beside me.

"Preparing some pancakes" I answered. The pancakes I usually prepare only for Rosie.

After about 30 minutes, I was finally finish and we could eat the pancakes. Joy sat in front of me at the round table.

While eating, we talked a bit. "Have you already thought about a costume for the halloween party at the campus?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"I'm not the type who wears a costume, I might just wear darker make up than usual but a costume? Nahhh I don't need that!" I told her. She just nodded and continued eating her pancakes.

"Are they good?" I asked.

"They're delicious!" She exclaimed with a full mouth.

"I'm glad." I said quietly and smiled at her.

After we ate breakfast, I went back to my dorm. When I got in Rosie was sitting in the kitchen eating a sandwich.

She looked up at me, but didn't say anything.

I went into my room and got ready for the day.

When I got back into the kitchen, Rosie was already cleaning the table.

"Can we talk?" I asked a bit nervously.

"Ohh, after all these weeks you finally want to talk to me?" She smirked. "Nah, thank you, maybe another time." she added and continued to clean the table. When she was about to get out I stopped her by holding her arm.

"Chaeyoung please, just this time. Let me explain everything."

After I finally convinced her, we went into the living room and are now sitting on the couch.

"I'm waiting" Rosie said annoyed.

I fiddled with my fingers, "Have you find someone you love?" I asked.

"Why do you care? It's none of your business." She chuckled. I nodded slightly and whispered a quiet 'right'.

"Chaeyoung, I've never meant to be like this to you. When you asked me if we could talk, I didn't have the strength to talk. When I told you that I will protect you, I really meant it. When I saw you for the first time, I was jealous. I saw how many people loved you, you seemed like someone who has everything they need, You got something I will never receive, Love. I wanted to make you feel bad so you could feel how I'm feeling. But when I noticed that I don't have the strength for that as well, I tried to stop. You will never know how bad I'm feeling right now, but at the same time, I also feel relieved, because I'm finally letting everything out I wanted to say. Chaeyoung, you should know that I'm really sorry for the past. You don't have to like me or anything, but at least, let me protect you. I'm scared that someone's going to hate you or destroy your life. I don't want to go through this again. The pain I felt a few years ago, when my boyfriend killed himself because he thought he couldn't protect me enough a-" My voice cracked and tears were about to slowly tun down my cheeks. Quickly I wiped them away with the sleeve of my top.