Rumors

Rosé
It's been two weeks now since we celebrated Jisoo's birthday. When we woke up the day after her brithday, she received a message it said:

Happy birthday. We've been too busy lately. You'll be here in two weeks understand?

It was by her dad and when Jisoo read this, she froze at her tracks.

Well, since two weeks are over now, I helped her packing her things. I was unsure to ask any question so I just let it be and told her some random things to light up her mood.

"Did you know that starfishes have no brain?"

"Fleas can jump 300 times its body length!"

"Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards!"

Jisoo just chuckled and said, "You like animals that much don't you?" she closed her luggage and took her tickets.

"Rosie, I don't know when I'll be back, but don't worry, just look for yourself, okay?" She asked, smiled and hugged me tight.

"I will, but promise me that since I'm not there to protect you, you have to look for yourself as well."

We heard the sound of a car horn which must be the one of Jisoos cab.

She pecked my lips one last time and rushed out.

Jisoo

I'm not ready to face my parents yet after the call a few months ago. I don't know what will happen to me. I already know what will happen, but I don't have the nuts to stay back.

I'm currently waiting for my flight to get called.

When the plane was finally ready to fly and I took my seat, I put on my headphones and closed my eyes. Even the thought of what will happen gives me headaches.

After a few hours, the plane finally landed. When I got out and picked up my luggage, I already saw my mothers driver. I would towards him and he slightly bowed down his head.

"Ms. Kim, your parents told me to pick you up."

The drive was silent. It's already dark outside since it's winter. When we arrived at my parents mansion, my hands became shakily. The driver opened my door and helped me out, then he took out my luggage and brought it to the entrance.

He bid goodbye and drove off. I stood there for 5 minutes until I finally decided to ring the bell. I know how to talk to my mother, but my father, I'm scared of him.

The door was opened by a maid.

"Oh, Miss Kim, you arrived!" She hugged me tight and I smiled, but my heart was beating fast because I could hear familiar footsteps coming near. Ms. Jeon, the maid, practically raised me since my parents always have been busy with the company.

"Ms. Jeon, please give us a moment, I need to talk to Jisoo." my father. My eyes widened and I released myself from the hug.

Ms, Jeon left us and my father looked at me with no expression. I looked down and saw in the corner of my eye that he was coming to me. Without having time to breath or anything, he slapped me across my face.