Chapter 32

(The Next Day)

Pitch black darkness is all that Y/N can see, until the darkness slowly fades away to show Darius. However, this Darius is younger and bruised up, tears running down his face, while he tries to cover his face with his arms. A girl's voice become louder and louder as Y/N recognize the voice, belonging to his sister, Christina.

Christina: "Y/N! Stop! That's enough!"

Her voice begins to fade as a fist was about to land on Darius. Before the punch could made contact, the darkness grows around him, leaving Y/N to see nothing but darkness.

Y/N: ("No... no... no...")

He doesn't hear anything for a moment only to slowly hear screaming, gunshots, and Grimm roaring. The noises become louder and louder until that's all he can hear.

Y/N: "No!!!"

Immediately, Y/N wake up, jolting up from the bed he was laying on. He starts breathing heavily before slowly calming himself down. Once he recollects himself, Y/N look around in the room he's in.

Y/N: "The infirmary...?"

After a moment of pondering himself, Y/N quickly remembers everything that happened so far. The Breach, the fight against the Grimm and White Fang, his fight against the Chimera Grimm, Ruby saving him via her semblance, and the Atlesian fleet pushing back the Grimm. He let out a long sigh, relieved that his teammates and allies are safe and okay for the most part. Y/N then look to himself, seeing a bunch of bandages all around his chest, arms, and some on his legs. 

Y/N: "..."

This is when his team head inside the infirmary as Y/N turn to their direction.

Y/N: "Girls?"

Team RWBY: "Y/N!"

Swiftly, his teammates/girlfriends proceed to hug him before stopping after hearing him wince in pain a little. 

Ruby: "S-Sorry!"

Y/N: "It's fine. Just wait until I fully healed up."

Yang: "Yeah, sorry about that. We're just glad to see that you're okay, babe."

Y/N: "Heh, that's putting it lightly."

Wiess: "Honestly, if it weren't for Ruby, you could've gotten hurt much worse than you already have, you know."

Y/N: "I know... I know..."

Weiss: "Don't ever make us worry like that again..."

Y/N: "Sure..."

The heiress sigh before continuing. 

Weiss: "Well, now that you're awake. We need to discuss something with you."

Y/N: "Is it about what happened yesterday?"

Blake: "Yes."

His team goes to explain what they have discuss yesterday, including about defeating the Lieutenant and Adam now knowing where he and Blake are at. As they finish, Y/N steadily absorb this information he's been given. 

Y/N: "Hm... I see." 

Ruby: "Well, what do you think?"

Y/N: "Well, from what I know about Adam, I think it's best to keep our eyes sharp if anything related to the White Fang might happen. For now, we can just kick back and just relax." 

As he said this, he looks back to Blake, which she nods in agreement. 

Y/N: "Anyway, thanks for checking upon on me, you guys."