Chapter 14

"So, in this reality, your dad, who was not arrested for your mom's murder, is also a speedster and he was the Flash before you and since your dad wasn't arrested, he got remarried and gave you a little sister?" Oliver asked, essentially summing up everything Barry had told him.

"Yep. And you apparently served in the legitimate military before you became a hitman." Barry said and Oliver chuckled.

"Fair point. How does it feel to be a member of the older brother club?" Oliver asked.

"Like I will be putting my hand through the heart of any guy who makes Chloe cry." Barry said.

"A big brother after my own heart. I've lost track of how many times I've threatened Roy with different weapons and I actually like him as Thea's boyfriend." Oliver said with a chuckle.

"I'm just curious, what would you do if Thea was dating a guy you didn't like?" Barry asked, even though he already knew.

"I'd use him for target practice." Oliver said casually.

"Well, at least none of your enemies remember the old reality." Barry said.

"Wait, what?" Oliver asked.

"Somehow Thawne remembers the old reality. The only consolation is that now I'm more than fast enough to deal with him." Barry said.

"Barry, you're forgetting that no one understands how much you hate that man more than me, since I literally was you." Oliver said.

"And you know that I'd never stoop to his level, no matter how much I hate him." Barry said.

"And that is what makes you an even better hero than I ever could be." Oliver said.

"I wouldn't be a hero without you. I can't imagine what my life would've been like if I hadn't taken that train to Star City." Barry said.

"You still would've been a hero. But you helped me become a much better man." Oliver said.

"What are you gonna do about Malcolm Merlyn?" Barry asked.

"What I should've done so many times before. I'm gonna kill him and make sure he stays dead. Otherwise he'll just keep causing more and more problems. Hell, the only reason the League came to Star City was because of him and even though Thea now knows better than to trust Malcolm, I need to put him down once and for all." Oliver said and Barry nodded.

"Anyways, on a different topic, I think we should start keeping a closer eye on Blue Valley." Barry said.

"Really, why?" Oliver asked as Barry told him about the new JSA that was forming there.

"Yeah, we should definitely keep tabs on that. Teenage superheroes, I'm not sure if that's a good idea, since until now, literally every hero we've ever known has at least finished high school, but maybe it won't be a bad idea and maybe we, along with the other heroes of this world can help mentor them." Oliver said and Barry nodded.

"And honestly, it does give me an idea. Something I've been thinking about since we all woke up in this new reality." Barry said.

"About what?" Oliver asked.

"We had a real close call with Crisis and honestly, these kinds of events are becoming more and more common. Fights that are too big for one hero or even our individual teams to handle." Barry said.

"Where are you going with this Barry?" Oliver asked.

"I think that we need to start working on putting together a much larger team. One that doesn't just focus on one city, but a team that's meant to protect the entire world. Made up of the greatest heroes this world has." Barry said and Oliver nodded.