Chapter 20

Thomas Blossom had just finished packing his bags and he was heading out to his car so that he could hopefully get out of the city, since he knew that the SCPD had finally gotten a warrant for his arrest and since he didn't have the money to pay off the commissioner anymore, his best chance at remaining free was to get out of the city and the country, since he didn't trust Malcolm to actually protect him.

"Where do you think you're going?" someone asked him and Blossom turned to see Ishmael standing there.

"I'm getting the hell out of this city before the SCPD shows up." Blossom said, only to have Ishmael point a sword at him.

"You're not going anywhere unless the boss says so and he wants you here." Ishmael said, right as an arrow flew through the window and knocked Ishmael's sword out of his hand as the Green Arrow came in through the window.

"Who the hell are you supposed to be?" Ishmael asked as he retrieved his sword and pointed it at Green Arrow.

"I'm the Green Arrow and Blossom is going to prison." Green Arrow said.

"Only way that's happening is if you get past me." Ishmael said.

"You act like that will be hard." Green Arrow said, since honestly, he could take down Malcolm with ease, this clown would be no challenge for him.

"Let's see how cocky you are when you're dead." Ishmael said as he lunged at Green Arrow who quickly blocked his blade with his bow, neither of them noticing Blossom sneak away. Well, Green Arrow did, but he didn't care, since he knew his team would make sure he didn't get very far. Besides, Ishmael was providing him some kind of challenge, no matter how small it was.

"You've got skill." Ishmael said as they continued to fight, his blades clashing against Green Arrow's bow and he recognized Malcolm's sword training in Ishmael, but that wasn't enough to beat him.

"So do you. But the thing is, training is no substitute for experience." Green Arrow said as they continued to fight and he kicked Ishmael back in the ribs.

"You really think that I'm the only one defending Blossom?" Ishmael asked.

"And do you think I came here alone and I'm not talking about the SCPD." Green Arrow retorted as they continued fighting.

Blossom could hear the sounds of the rest of Malcolm's goons that he knew were planted around his home fighting people who'd clearly come with that Green Arrow guy and he was trying to use that distraction to escape before the SCPD arrived or one of Malcolm's goons tried to stop him from leaving again.

He was almost to his car when suddenly he ducked right as some kind of red energy blast shot over his head.

"What the?" Blossom said as he turned to see a woman in red leather walk up to him menacingly.

"Thomas Blossom, you have failed this city." the woman said, twirling a staff threateningly.

"Who are you?" Blossom asked.

"Someone who wants you to suffer for what you've done." Magi said as she aimed her staff at him.

"Please, don't do this." Blossom cowered, seeing the glowing end of the staff.

"You ruined my life and nearly destroyed my family. Now you're going to pay." Magi said, as she blasted him and while it didn't kill him, Blossom felt a world of pain.

"You deserve this pain and you know it, don't you Thomas. You should've listened when you were told no. But you didn't. You're just a sad little man who thinks that just because he has a title and money means he can do whatever he wants. Well I've got news for you, actions have consequences and here are the consequences to yours." Magi said as she aimed her staff at him again, only to have Wild Dog run up to her.

"Don't do it." Wild Dog said.

"He deserves this." Magi insisted, not lowering her staff.

"But you don't. This isn't you. You help people, you don't hurt them." Wild Dog said.

"Hurting him will help other people." Magi insisted.

"No it won't. He's a monster, but you're not. Don't let your vendetta against him take away your humanity. You're better than that. And you know that killing him, no matter how painful you make it, is too good for him. He needs to suffer, be held accountable for his actions and be caged like the animal he is." Wild Dog said and Magi actually looked at him and seeing the look in his eyes through the slits in his mask, she realized that she was losing herself.

"You're right." Magi said as she lowered her staff.

"Your father didn't raise you to be a killer." Wild Dog reminded her.

"No. He taught me that no matter how much it may seem like it, justice is never the same thing as vengeance." Magi agreed, but that didn't stop her from using the non jeweled end of her staff to knock Blossom out.

"That was for my father. And soon he will get his job back." Magi said as she and Wild Dog went to help the rest of Team Arrow.

It had not taken Green Arrow very long to get the upper hand against Ishmael, since no matter how well trained he was, he wasn't a match for Oliver.

"Who are you?" Ishmael asked, struggling to catch his breath as he watched tried to get up from the floor, despite being battered, bloodied and beaten.

"I'm the Green Arrow and I'm only gonna ask you one more time. Who hired you?" Green Arrow asked, even though he already knew.

"You really think I'd tell you." Ishmael asked.

"No, because you're more scared of him than you are of me. But it doesn't matter. If you won't talk, Blossom will." Green Arrow said as he knocked him out.

"Malcolm's next." Green Arrow said as he heard the SCPD arrive and he knew that was his team's cue to leave.