Chapter 35

Despite Oliver's best efforts to talk him out of it, Quentin was one of the officers who was overseeing Brick's transfer to Iron Heights, since even though he was a detective again, he deemed this prisoner too dangerous to risk, so he and his partner, Detective Hilton, who Quentin was very happy to see was still alive in this new reality, were helping oversee Brick's transfer due to just how high profile a criminal he was and Quentin also knew that Oliver's team would be standing by, since Quentin was the only member of the SCPD who knew that Brick's capture was really just Oliver setting a trap to expose Malcolm and take him down now before he could destroy the city, something Quentin fully supported.

Especially since in his opinion, it had been the Undertaking that had been the beginning of Star City's downfall, since that was when the city had really started going to hell and the way of Gotham. But now they had a chance to prevent that from happening, since now not only did Oliver already know every single thing Malcolm had planned, but unlike the first time they fought, now Oliver was more than skilled enough to take Malcolm down once and for all.

He was also glad that Laurel's pregnancy meant that she couldn't be in the field right now, since while he'd accepted that being the Black Canary was a part of who Laurel was, that didn't mean he wanted to let her go into danger so soon after getting her back and he'd never forgive her or Oliver if she went into the field while she was pregnant and put his unborn grandchild at risk.

Something he and Oliver were on the same page about and Laurel hadn't even complained about being sidelined, since she knew that her baby was the priority for her right now. After she gave birth, then they'd talk about the Black Canary returning to the ranks.

Of course, Laurel had been hesitant about her father taking this assignment anyways, since being a cop was one thing, but being put in the crosshairs of one of the most dangerous men in the city, she wasn't sure how she felt about that, especially since her baby was already going to be missing one grandfather since Robert Queen was still dead in this reality and she didn't want her child to have both grandfather's absent.

However, Quentin knew that this assignment was too important to risk letting anything go wrong, since one wrong move and the wrong archer ends up becoming the city's most wanted, though now Quentin knew that the guy in green was not an enemy, but the department's greatest ally.

"Everything alright Quentin?" Hilton asked his partner.

"Yeah, just a little concerned by how smoothly things are going." Quentin said, telling a version of the truth.

"Isn't that a good thing? I mean after all, the smoother things go, the faster he gets to prison." Hilton said.

"Brick is one of the biggest crime bosses in this city. I thought for sure that his crew would have some kind of plan to hijack the transport." Quentin said, which was partially true, just not about who he thought the hijacker would be.

"True, but let's just be grateful about that for now." Hilton said, right as they saw something hit the tires of the convoy and they had to swerve to avoid colliding with the truck.

"Here we go." Quentin said as he subtly activated the beacon Oliver had given him for this exact reason, especially when he saw several guys dressed like they were members of the League of Assassins swoop in out of nowhere.

"Surrender the prisoner and we'll let you go unharmed." the leader, who even though his voice was disguised, Quentin still recognized as Malcolm, said.

"What should we do?" Hilton asked as the SWAT team inside the truck burst out, but before any shots could be fired from either party, Quentin grinned as a green arrow embedded itself in the ground in front of Malcolm and released a sound that sounded similar to Laurel's sonic device as Green Arrow, Spartan and Wild Dog appeared out of nowhere.

"Take cover and help guys who aren't wearing matching outfits." Quentin shouted, knowing that was the best way to avoid casualties as he watched Oliver and Malcolm get into it, already knowing the outcome.

Before the Dark Archer could even pull out his sword, Green Arrow lunged at him, using his bow as a bo staff to counter his blade.

"How did you get here so quickly?" Dark Archer asked, since while he'd expected Green Arrow to intervene with him eventually, he hadn't expected it this soon.

"I figured that someone might try to break Brick out, so we were following the escort just to be safe." Green Arrow said, wondering if Malcolm would realize he'd been set up.

"You really think that you can beat me?" Dark Archer asked as their weapons clashed again.

"Ra's al Ghul sends his regards Al Sah her." Green Arrow said with a smirk, since he knew that would freak him out.

"You're from the League." Dark Archer said.

"More or less. And I know who you are under that hood." Green Arrow said as he quickly showed Malcolm just how much more skilled he was as he kicked his feet out from under him.

"You set me up." Dark Archer said as Green Arrow removed his hood for all the cops to see Malcolm Merlyn underneath.

"Yep. And now this city sees you for who you are. Malcolm Merlyn, you have failed this city." Green Arrow said.

"Maybe, but tonight will not be the night I pay for it." Malcolm said as he managed to drop a smoke bomb so he and his operatives could escape.