CHAPTER 17

Soon, the group went to the palace and requested an audience for the King. Their request was immediately granted and met King William Warwood.

"Greetings, Your Majesty the King!" the five heroes greeted formally with a head bow at the same time.

King William nodded and said without beating around the bush, "So, where have you been the past few days?"

Dylan stepped in and said, "Your Majesty, we apologize for our inconsiderate behavior. We were doing group training and it was an abrupt decision on our part. That's why we failed to inform your majesty."

"Well, I notice you seem different than the last time I saw you. I guess your strengths improve by leaps and bounds. That's good." King William approved and didn't pry any further.

"Do you already learn about the recent events that plague the world this time around?" the King added.

"Yes, your majesty." the heroes answered.

King William looked at them and said, "Regarding the matter about the Great Destroyer, it's not something you can deal with at the moment with your current status. Only the Great Saintess can suppress the Great Destroyer. So for now, we will leave the matter about the situation in the dungeon to you."

"It will be our honor, your majesty."

After some discussion, Dylan and the group left the throne room.

On their way out, they stumbled into Princess Amesha Warwood and Crown Prince Luciano Warwood with their attendants in tow.

"Greetings, His Highness Crown Prince Luciano and Her Highness Princess Amesha." the heroes greeted.

"Dylan!" Princess Amesha beamed at the sight of Dylan.

Whereas, Crown Prince Luciano nodded at the heroes as a courtesy. He wasn't fond of the heroes as he sometimes saw them as a thorn in his side. His father kept comparing him to the heroes and it irked him sometimes. Nevertheless, he knew that he was inferior to the five heroes and he felt bitter about it.

"Where have you been? They said you all disappeared. I was very worried!" Princess Amesha uttered and clung to Dylan's arms, her seductive eyes never left Dylan.

Princess Amesha has a voluptuous figure and a pretty face. She was a beauty with a brain that many men sought after.

But to Dylan, the princess is like a seductive succubus. He deemed the princess as dangerous.

Dylan cleared his throat and slowly pulled away his arms from the princess' hold. "Princess Amesha, our matter is none of your concern and that includes our whereabouts. Albeit, we appreciate your care. And you must refrain from having physical contact with me as it will affect your reputation." he said coldly.

"But I don't care!"

"Princess..." Crown Prince Luciano warned with a tinge of annoyance in his tone.

"But—"

"Princess Amesha, Crown Prince, we won't impose on you for long as we have a task that needs urgent action. Please excuse us," Lexus decided to intervene.

Immediately, the five heroes left the palace in a hurry.

Princess Amesha clenched her fist while staring at Dylan's back. "Brother, you promise me to help get Dylan!"

"Princess, why do you insist on getting that bastard? He's not suited for you! I prefer Young Duke Stephen over that cold-blooded jerk!"

"You don't understand, brother! I only want Dylan! I must get him no matter what!" Princess Amesha said with gritted teeth and furrowed eyebrows.