CHAPTER 5

After giving some instructions to the folks about the damage, Cruella and Evangeline bid goodbye and left in a hurry.

The heroes, who couldn't get to talk to the duo because of the surrounding folks, followed them.

"Wait!" Dylan called after some distance from the village.

Cruella and Evangeline looked at the heroes with nonchalant expressions.

"Are you the one who defeated those monsters?" Dylan asked, his gaze fixated on Cruella.

Evangeline noticed him staring at Cruella but nodded nevertheless. "Yes. We saw a horde of wyverns attacking the village so we acted right away. We are adventurers so it's our responsibility to save people from monsters." Evangeline felt strange because she was with a monster among monsters. They even have a close relationship.

"So you are adventurers!" the heroes exclaimed in realization. They also had a strange look, especially Dylan. They couldn't believe that these dainty-looking girls easily eliminated a horde of wyverns in just a few minutes.

They were not that far away from the village when they noticed the sudden attack earlier. They even hurried over for fear that it would be too late. However, before they could even showcase their skills someone else did. What was worse, it was done by two dainty-looking girls. So imagine how bitter they have felt being outshined as a hero.

However, they immediately accepted the truth when they appraised them just now. These girls are the exact definition of a wolf in sheep's clothing. They looked harmless but they were dangerous especially the silver-red-haired girl, who was more powerful than them. They even looked at her like they were facing a monster.

The most powerful among the hero is Dylan who is currently at Level 250. But what they didn't know is that their level was a far cry compared to Cruella, whose ability was beyond the understanding of humans.

"I'm Dylan Thompson, by the way." Dylan stepped up and introduced himself without tearing his gaze away from Cruella.

The other four followed suit.

"I'm Lexus Denver,"

"I'm Joshua Mejares!"

"I'm Kenneth Lopez!"

"I'm Conan Reeves!"

As a person who is not good at remembering names, Cruella only looked at the five's men handsome features. She appears to be pleased with their looks. She even stared longer at Dylan who was very good-looking among the men. But the way Dylan stared at her made her conscious of the way she looked. When she transforms into human form, she doesn't see her reflection in the mirror so she doesn't know what she looks like. She was a bit flustered.

Contrary to what Cruella felt, Evangeline looks at the five heroes calmly. This was the first time she had seen them but she heard about them a lot from the maidservants and they even described their features, thus, she instantly knew who they were the moment she saw them earlier.

"I'm Evangeline Bartford and this is my sister, Cruella." Evangeline introduced. Then she continued, "Are you going to the town?"

"Yes! We sense from a distance that some monsters began attacking this area. So we came to eliminate the monsters but we're a step late." Dylan explained.

"With just your meager skills? Just dream on." Cruella scoffed in disdain.

Everyone looked at Cruella with eyes widened. She's too harsh and blunt!

"Hey, Ella! What are you saying?" Evangeline quickly covered Cruella's mouth with an awkward smile. "Don't mind her!"

Cruella rolled her eyes.