CHAPTER 25

Dylan smiled and said, "Okay. Did you come alone?"

Cruella nodded her head. She took a peek at the other kids who were coming their way.

"Dylan! Dylan!"

"Dylan, who is she?"

"Wow, she's so cute like a doll!"

"What is your name?"

"Are you a doll?"

"Let's play!"

The kids surrounded Cruella enthusiastically and that made her awkward and felt warm in her heart.

With a grin, she nodded her head. "My name is Lala. What are we playing?" she asked excitedly and momentarily forgotten Dylan.

"Let's play tag! And you're it!"

Cruella grinned and agreed right away. She felt excited and determined to rewrite her unpleasant childhood memories.

For once, Cruella let herself act like a kid. No problems. No thinking. Just playing to her heart's content.

On the other hand, Dylan watches the kids in amusement. He also joins in the fun and plays with the kids.

In the middle of playing tag, Dylan noticed that Cruella ran faster than the ordinary kid and what's more ludicrous was that Cruella ran faster than him. He was stumped and thought that the little kid had potential. He was sure that the kid would become powerful in the future.

If Dylan knew the little kid he was referring to was Cruella, the girl he wanted to see again, he would faint in disbelief.

"Dylan, you're it!" Cruella beamed and quickly dashed away after cornering Dylan.

"You cheeky little thing!" Dylan groaned and chased Cruella while laughing.

That day, Cruella felt happy and her heart was full. But soon, it's time for the other kids to go home.

"Lala, let's play again soon!"

"Lala, you can visit me at home! I have a lot of cute dolls like you in my house!"

"Come here again, Lala!"

"Bye, Lala! We had a good time today!"

The kids took time to say goodbye. The kids' nannies also offer Cruella to visit their young master and young miss. Cruella could only smile and agree.

Soon, only Dylan and Cruella were left.

"Do you know your way home, Lala?" Dylan asked. He didn't leave yet. He was worried for the little girl. More importantly, he couldn't explain why his heart was beating faster whenever he looked at Lala's eyes. She really reminds him of Cruella.

No matter how he thought about it, Lala is really uncannily similar to Cruella. Furthermore, Cruella's feature was imprinted in his mind, so he would notice the difference. However, upon closer look at Lala's overall appearance, she really looks similar to Cruella as though they came from the same mold.

"Of course! I'm a big girl!" Cruella said and when she tilted her head, she saw a stall in the distance and her eyes sparkled. She grabbed Dylan's hand and dragged him towards the stall. "Dylan, let's buy ice cream!"

Dylan laughed and nodded when he noticed the stall. Soon, the duo reached the stall and bought some.

To Dylan's surprise, Cruella ate faster and ordered again. It happened a few times that stunned both Dylan and the ice cream seller. They couldn't believe a little kid could eat so much but never had enough.