CHAPTER 18

A long time ago, humans built the largest capital city in Albania Kingdom. However, the Great Demon didn't like it and wiped out the entire city in one night, leaving nothing but a flood of blood that traumatized the world. Since then, humans didn't dare to build a large city and instead scattered around the world. As such, there were plenty of villages, small towns, and cities that existed all over the world.

Later, the Great Demon suddenly disappears and it gives humans hope to rebuild their kingdom.

As a result, four kingdoms were rebuilt and each built the largest capital in their Kingdom except the Demonville Kingdom. Demons believe that the Great Demon will come back and they don't know if the same thing will happen to their kingdom one day.

And now that the Great Demon decided to come out of seclusion, the demons started to gloat as they visualized the soon-to-be-demise of the other kingdoms.

However, it was still unknown if the Great Demon would succeed in the presence of the unfathomable existence that the world still didn't know of.

A month later, Cruella and her group finally step to the last level of the One-Hundred Level Labyrinth.

"What in the world?" Sera gasped as she gape through the vast sands.

The last level of the labyrinth is a vast desert. It was so hot that their throats became parched.

The group was stunned.

"How can we find the exit in this vast desert?" Meira and Sera uttered in unison. They looked at each other and chuckled.

Surprisingly, during the entire journey, the duo became close but sometimes they bicker at the smallest things. Well, that's how they bond and show they understand each other.

Cruella glanced around and frowned. She focused on her hearing and closed her eyes.

Her lips curled up when she saw the sand moving.

"Prepare—" before Cruella could finish her sentence. A sudden rumble on the ground like the sound of moving gears of some mechanism surprises them.

And that's when they notice the huge magic circle lightened up brightly. Before they knew it, a huge hole opened below their feet and they all plunged swiftly into the bottomless abyss.

Shocked by the sudden occurrence, the group screams at the top of their lungs. Cruella hugged the trio as they plunged together. All they could hear was the whizzing sound of the wind that almost ruined their eardrums.

Thud!

The four girls landed on the floor with a loud thud.

"Are you all fine?!" Cruella quickly checked the trio's bodies.

"I'm fine, big sister! You protected me enough!" Lucy beamed seeing she was still alive. Cruella thought the little girl would cry rivers because of fear but instead, she saw the fearless face of the little girl. She couldn't help but pat the girl's head proudly and kissed her cheeks.

"Ah, thank goodness my brain is still intact!" Sera murmured while checking her body.

'It's my body! Hmph!' Sera chuckled when she heard Evangeline talking in her mind. She retorted, 'I'm currently taking over your body so your body is also my body!'

Sera could talk to Evangeline now since they entered the labyrinth. But there are times they couldn't. So Sera was really happy every time Evangeline talked to her. She could also relay Evangeline's message to Cruella.

"I thought I was a goner just now. I've never felt so scared like that before!" Meira sniffled and her eyes glistened with tears. She was scared to death. Well, she wasn't prepared for the sudden fall.