11 - What Happened

König hands Price the documents he collected as we walk into the room and we all drop into our chairs barely able to stand any longer.

"I'm gonna start by asking what went wrong." Price says as he looks me over.

I'm covered in blood, some my own some from enemies, and I just all together look a lot worse than I should being a sniper.

"Somehow Kaiser was compromised and forced to leave her post. They managed to cut her radio so she had no way of contacting us about the issue and chose to come meet with us. That was the only set back. She was aware of heavy hostile presence in our building and was able to warn us before they found us. She did great in close quarters, got more kills than most of us actually. After that we got our intel and left without any further complications." Ghost says as he leans back in his chair.

"We're there any survivors?" Price asks.

"Unsure sir. Once he had the documents we requested evac and left. Almost certain we took care of anyone but not one hundred percent on that." Soap responds.

"And you're okay?" Price asks, directing the question to me.

"Yes sir. Not the first time I've had to endure fire fights like that." I nod.

He nods in response and for a moment the room is quiet before he speaks again.

"Well since we got the intel on the first run they will be sending us home early. They plan to just bomb the other camps and ready themselves for anything else using the information we were able to provide. So get cleaned up and rest up tonight because we leave at 0800 tomorrow morning." Price says and the room fills with sighs of relief.

We are then dismissed and sent back to our sleeping quarters. I notice mostly everyone is just laying in their beds so I take it as an opportunity to hopefully shower in peace without the fear of being caught in a towel by the men I work with.

Of course it is just my luck however. Halfway through my shower several of the guys come into the shower area and I just pray they don't stay long. Again my prayers are ignored as I hear multiple other showers turn on around me.

Based off of the voices I hear it should just be Gaz, Alex and Soap and of course Soap happens to be the one to realize someone else is here.

"Hey, whose in the shower right now?" He asks while still laughing at something Alex had said.

I hesitate before reluctantly responding.

"Kaiser."

"Ooh damn, I thought you were sleeping already." He says, laughing again.

"Nope. Just trying to get clean in peace." I respond.

"So still a negative on that celebration? Change your mind and you'll get to see what that towel was hiding earlier." He asks.

I can practically hear the cheeky smirk on his face as he asks that question.

"Definitely a solid no." I say.

The other boys that are present start laughing at the rejection which only makes Soap continue.

"Ooh I get it. It's because I'm not Ghost right?" He asks.

My eyes go wide at his wild accusation.

"Absolutely not. No." I respond after a moment of shock.

"Yea sure. I bet if it was Ghost asking you'd be on your knees in half a second." He scoffs.

"Why would I? He's an ass." I ask.

"From what I've heard, not so much when it's just the two of you." He says in a mocking tone.

"I told you already, that was a fluke. He was merely just trying to be nice because he felt bad." I respond.

"Is that what you think?" Ghost asks.

His sudden appearance startles me and he sounds as though he is right outside my shower stall.

"Fucking hell. You knew he was in here didn't you?" I whine.

"Obviously." Soap laughs.

I stand absolutely mortified in my shower for a moment before attempting to go back to washing myself. I wait until I no longer hear the boys in the bathroom before I get out and tightly wrap my towel around my chest just in case they come back.

Just as I step out from behind my curtain I find that I am in fact not alone like I thought I was. Ghost is standing in front of the mirror examining his injuries from today. He again is in only a towel. I do my best to ignore his presence as I walk up to the mirror to brush out my hair.

"It's not true you know." He says after a moment.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"You think I was only being nice out of pity. I would never go out of my way to help someone I didn't like and I sure as fuck wouldn't take my mask off around you if I didn't trust you." He responds, now looking at me through the mirror.

His eyes trail down my body in the most subtle way before regaining eye contact. The look alone makes me flustered and I now scramble for words.

"I- uhm.. okay." Is all I manage to say.

Before he has a chance to say anything else I quickly walk back to a shower stall to get dressed and then leave the bathroom.

I immediately crawl into bed and force myself to sleep to avoid anymore awkward conversations for the night.