29 - Surprise Attack

Within no time we are able to meet up with Bravo Team and it's truly a bloodbath to say the least. A couple of the soldiers who went out with my team were injured and immediately evacuated by the medic. I haven't spotted anyone from 141 yet and my hopes is that's because they're still fighting and not dead or dying somewhere.

"Reaper to Bravo team. Does anyone copy?" I say into my radio in hopes of hearing from someone sooner.

For longer than I'd like there's nothing but silence in return. Then finally after about two minutes I get something.

"This is Soap. I hear you loud and clear. Most of Bravo is in the far East building."

Once I hear the response I was waiting for I ensure the rest of the soldiers with me heard and we move quickly but carefully to where 141 should be. Once inside the building we begin a sweep of each floor, trying to locate my team. On the second floor we encounter a few enemies, which are easily taken out with stealth attacks. They weren't expecting more of us to be coming so we caught them off guard. Me and four other soldiers were able to sneak up from behind and take them out with knives so our presence was kept unknown to anyone else who might still be around.

As we approach the third floor the sound of gun fire can be heard so we assume the worst and prepare ourselves for more enemy contact. We slowly make our way down the main hallway, checking every room we pass. One room in particular is a bit more cluttered than the rest so I volunteer to check it out while the others keep moving forward.

I didn't think anyone was hiding in the room, which is why I was okay with checking it out alone. However, I was very much mistaken. Everything was going fine until I went to leave, seeing no visible threat I assumed the room was empty. Just before I make it to the door I am proven wrong as a set of arms reaches from behind me and a knife is held to my throat.

My entire body stiffens and adrenaline kicks in as I think of a way out of this situation. The person behind me wraps one arm tightly around my lower torso while their other hand firmly hold the knife to my neck, making it nearly impossible to even move. The only thing to distract me and stop the panic is a subtle familiar yet very distinct  scent.

"Ghost?" I question in a barely audible whisper.

Suddenly the tight grip on me loosens for a moment only for the person to then spin me around and return the firm grip onto my shoulders. When I look up to see my attackers face my body replaces the adrenaline with a sense of relief. Piercing blue eyes behind a skull mask stare down at me and for a moment he seems to be almost in shock and confusion.

"Kaiser?" He says after a moment.

Before I'm even able to respond and confirm my identity he pulls down my face mask and then his own and firmly pressing our lips together. The kiss is brief and we quickly regain ourselves before pulling our masks back over our faces and returning to the mission at hand.

Now with Ghost at my side we continue to move forward, now not only to find the rest of 141 but also the soldiers who came with me as back up. It doesn't take long to reunite with everyone else. We find them on the fifth floor gathered in a room. Soap and Gaz are giving the new soldiers a run down of where the enemies are hiding out, how many should be left and what we need to do to take them out.

Ghost and I stand in the back, as to not disrupt anything but as soon as everyone is caught up in practically tackled by Soap who runs over and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Geez Soap. I was gone for like six hours. Chill out." I groan and gently push away from the embrace.

"Sorry, there may have been a brief moment of us being convinced we wouldn't make it out." He laughs nervously.

"Don't worry hun, I would never let any of you leave me that easily and now that I'm here with more back up it'll be easy to get this job done." I respond with a reassuring smile.

"Please let's get this over with. I need a very long and hot bath after today." König groans as he walks up to us.

I laugh at his comment but nod in agreement. From there Ghost gives the command for everyone to move out. We all quickly follow his orders and file out of the room. Due to it being my first time back in the field in a while I am of course told to stay close to at least one person in 141 at all times. I don't argue with that request as long as I'm not treated like a child and can actually do my job.