Prologue

Onyx eyes gazed back at the shiny surface

Onyx eyes gazed back at the shiny surface. Long fingers ran through the dark tresses. Coat picked up from the countertop, fitted his well muscular body. Giving a fix to his tie, he got out of the dressing chamber. He was running late today. Descending down to lobby, he moved to the driveway, butler opened the door to a black sedan, placed the car key on the door pocket. He sat in, door thudded close. The vehicle sped off. With four other cars following him.

Silence echoed, his footsteps rumbled, with each step, the members stood up. Greeted the managing director of the company. Sparing not a glance to anyone, he straight went to his office.
He took place on the massive chair behind the table, looking an emperor of his throne. "Come in," his rough voice rustled after he the door being knocked at.

"Good morning, sir." Greeted his personal assistant, "Sir your schedule is extremely packed for today," he opened up of iPad and read out his boss's programme of the day.

"Shift a meeting," he cleared his throat, when the assistant looked amazed, "I've to be somewhere important," he added rather firmly.

"Su- sure, sir, I will." Getting a curt nod from his boss, he left the cabin.

He worked on his computer, he still had time before he had to reach for a thing too important for him.

Agastya Singhania just loved business and his family. An empire worth of billions turned into a mere thing, when it was his family in front of him.

The lined up meetings cleared up. He picked the car keys from the mahogany table. Left for home.

He walked to the dining area before his body was collided with a petite figure. Concern washed over his features, he patted the petite fame, "what happen, Roshni?"

Hands around his body tightened, "the results are out," she peered at him.

Momentarily a wave of relief ran over him, her words sank down, "how is it?" He asked.

She shook her head, "I don't know," she handed him her phone, "you do it, you're lucky for me."

He logged into the side. Inflated traffic, the webpage buffered for moments before it flashed blue page came into there sights.

His eyes raked to the right corner. Five hundred and twenty-five out of six hundred. Corners of the eyes crinkled, he made a quick mental calculation, "Eighty-seven percent," he ran a hand through her head, "you've done a good job, Roshni."

A smile formed on her pretty face, "thank you, bhai."

His eyes glimmered with pride, he was proud of his sister. His baby sister whom he loved more than anyone on this earth perhaps more than his own life. He could die and kill for her.

•••••

Thundering echoed, rains seemed to never end, she scooted closer to him, "We will marry soon, right?" With all the love she gazed at her beloved, before she could answer, "no, we won't," he added, a smile tugged on his lips, he donned his shades.

Heart dropped to pit of stomach, "please don't do this," lean fingers clasped tightly on the collars of his shirt. Hands shoved away harshly, "what would I say to my family?" Tears streamed down her face.

He laughed "How dumb can you be? You fell for these fake cheesy lines? " fixed his black shirt. "You're not the type of girl, I would ever marry." Turned the balls of his feet to leave.

She ran after him, arms rolled around his torso, "please don't do this do me, please-"

Strong fingers gripped the wrists, pulled the girl away, "stay away from me," he warns, a finger raised in air.

"My family has prepared for our engagement," she says softly, wiped off the tears.

"Not my problem," Car door closes with a thud. Sped off, in front of her eyes.

Knees collapsed on the floor. Palms bleed from the concrete floor, sobs and sobs escape from her mouth. She tries hard to breath. Promises of a lifetime, kept for months, shredded in minutes, broke in seconds. Her heart bled, so did her eyes.

Life did dirty to her. Her tears dried up, rains slowed down. She was sitting on an abandoned road. Time was ticking towards the night. She dusted off her red dress, wiped her face from its scarf. She had to reach home before the sun leaves with darkness all around. Headlights flashed, horns blew, with her arm she covered her eyes. Car stopped. She readjusted her self. Cladded in a black suit, eyes covered with shades, a face mask covered the rest of his face, "Are you alright?" She nodded. Turned to walk back home, "Can I drop you somewhere?"

She shook her head. It would be unsafe she thought to herself, "Can you please tell me the road that connects to 74 square line?" She never left her home alone, she didn't know how to reach from the highway.

"Ma'am it's far from here, you won't reach before night and it will be unsafe," he spoke, "let me drop you, please," she believed the universe won't do more dirty to her, she sat with him. For a new journey.