The rich perfume and the beautiful clutch, Niharika loved how the two things complimented her

The rich perfume and the beautiful clutch, Niharika loved how the two things complimented her. Both belonged to her taste. The basket containing more gifts, the heavenly flowers and fancy necklace, her joy knew no boundaries. Cognac eyes could never leave the sweet hearted person. Black shirt, folded sleeves revealing his veiny arms, the gemstones of his many rings shone when the rays on fell on those. Her harsh husband would do this, she had no idea. She was proud of herself, on making her husband indeed fall in love with her.

However his confusion, left her bewildered,
"These gifts?" She whispered, glancing at her sister, whose expressions resembled to her.

Her husband was thinking rather too deeply as the creases on his forehead showed. "The gifts you sent, bhai." Roshni chimes in. Prior to Agastya could inquire something more about the gift unknown to him. His sister settled the arising state of confusion, her azure eyes locked with his onyx ones. Uncertainty visible in his features. She fluttered her lashes at him to let the matter drop. He understood her unsaid words, quietly left the room.

Ridashree observed the exchange, failed to understand it, "Is everything okay?"

Roshni smiled at her, "Yeah. He must've gotten some work."

Her sight travelled to Niharika, gaze lingered at her older sister for a few moments till she nodded in reassure at the younger one.

The birthday girl peeped inside the basket, "Oh look, here's a card too."  'Dear Niharika, I want to wish you a very happy birthday. I might not show my feelings always, however I want to say, you are really important to me and you matter so much to me. Thank you for coming in my life, wifey. Yours loving, Mister Singhania.'
Her lips turned in a deeper curve, soon her white teeth were visible. "Mister Singhania wrote such pretty things for me. Like her soft heart touched by his rough hands, she wished to melt in to the strong arms of her husband. He is heart was made of gold, he promised no love in the marriage. What if- their marriage was normal? She would have been the luckiest girl. Luck wasn't on her side, she would work for it. He would love her when she wins his heart.

"Show it to me, show." Her sister tried to snatch the card from Niharika, who leaned over to the other side, laying flat on the couch. Her hands and head flew in the air, long brown tresses messed and flowed with a puff of air coming from the balcony. Ridashree leaned atop her to get the card, Niharika shifted to the other side.

Yelps and squeals, laughters and giggles enwrapped the usually quiet room. Roshni looked with amazement at the two siblings.

"Excuse me." Niharika and Ridashree sat up straight, with the commanding voice of Agastya. He entered the room while his wife's half body on the couch and half in the air, His path was blocked. He shook his head at his wife. Grabbed the his suit jacket and soon was out of their sight.

Niharika tsked and palmed her face, "how embarrassing was that." Her voice came out muffled. Ridashree got the hold of the rose gold card which was dropped on her lap, "No." The older sister whined at the younger who started reading it.