Author

What felt like an eternity of knocking, the white double doors with glass fixed in the middle finally opened. "Dulhan Sahiba, please get ready for the party tonight." Anita requested the wife of his boss. Espresso brown hair cascading down in French braid over the grey and navy blue uniform. Burnt shade of eyes knew what the honey eyed woman was going through, in enormous walls of this mansion.

"I won't be joining." Not a word more. Not a word less. Niharika shut the white doors with glass fixed in middle on the face of the petty woman.

"Dulhan Sahiba, please open the door." She knocked once again on the doors. Seven years and four months later, she knew- how the siblings were, and the newly weds are going through communication issues. Owing to the fact, she was merely a worker in their eyes, and couldn't interfere with their personal matters, she choose to keep her mouth zipped and did what she was ordered to. Knowing if she didn't act as per the commands for her boss, she would soon be dismissed from her job.

The doors flapped open once again, so hard to definitely leave a mark on the side walls from the golden door knobs. An annoyed Niharika, soon appeared in front of the house burnt eyed house help, "what?" She snapped.

"It's Agastya Sahab's order. If you don't want to go please talk with him directly Dulhan Sahiba, or else my job would be in danger." As polite as Anita could be, she softly told Niharika. Getting a curt nod in return she left her room with a small word of gratitude.

Once the house help left, Niharika got out of her room, or the guest room she was staying in. Heartbeats turned normal after the conversation she had with her sister in law. She never would want to end this pure and beautiful relation with a person like Agastya. It didn't took her much time to read her handsome husband with an equally beautiful heart. She was keen on receiving compliments and talks filled with love and concern from her beloved, perhaps even when he failed to provide her the affection, she in no way wanted to leave him. However, her mind sought to fight for the privilege she should be getting from Agastya.

With determined steps she stepped down the twenty five steps, taking a right turn she soon stood outside the brown double doors of the study room, with a series of firm knocks she soon heard a cold and a harsh, "come in." She pushed the doors open, her breaths hitched at the sight in front of her, messy hair, square spectacles rested on the bridge of his nose, loosened tie, top button opened, sleeves of white shirt rolled till elbows- making the veins on his hands prominent as he wrote something with a pen he held between the two of his fingers. His charcoal black coat neatly hung behind the tall office chair he was sitting on. "What?" As if the harshness left his tone and voice rather warm this time, he asked. His head raised up at her, taking her aback by the look he held on his face.

"I can't come at your friend's dinner party." Speaking the learned line, she was reversing from the way to her room. She wasn't nervous from his anger, she was edgy because of his dominating, intimidating personality. She wouldn't let him win all because she could not met his intimidating aura.

"Acha," Agastya let out a thoughtful nod.How did he agree so easily, wondered his wife her wrinkled forehead being a proof of it. "You can go back to your mother's place. Petition for our divorce will be filed soon and within next twelve months probably, we can legally separate." He kept down the pen between the white sheets of paper, thin strokes of blue ink finely curved and looped around themselves.

His handwriting is so pretty. Her eyes snapped back to him. She couldn't help but wonder, what was in this man that she could hate, perhaps the only reason she got- he hates you. Or what if he doesn't, her heart often questions? What he just said made it apparent, who divorces on the reason- their spouse are not joining a party. "You're divorcing me out, because I'm not coming at that dinner?"