"Champagne?" Flute filled with shimmery liquid danced in front of my eyes, I looked up to find familiar grey eyes staring at me

"Champagne?" Flute filled with shimmery liquid danced in front of my eyes, I looked up to find familiar grey eyes staring at me. His grin deepens, he raised a brow.

I sighed, shaking my head at him, "what are you doing here?" I couldn't help but ask, what was he doing in our farewell.

"Well!" A smug smile on his face, he ran a hand through his hair, "this hotel is mine so.." he trails off. I remain quiet, "umm," he shifted on his feet, "technically it's my dad but you get it, right?"

"I do," not care.

"So you are here with your date?"

I click my tongue, "it's not a prom, Viraj Oberoi," my eyes dart to Sonam, she was engaged in a conversation with someone, "also a bad way to ask if I were single," I walk past him once I find our other friend Aarohi.

"Hey babe," she takes me in a hug, "so finally our lil Rosh is dating." Her eyes travels to Viraj, scurried back to me.

"I accept we are meeting after a long time, but here you're wrong." Her pearly whites get visible, she chuckled, "I am not dating anyone."

"Oh c'mon! Don't tell me your hottie brother would be furious if you ever do dating and stuff?"

I slap her shoulder, "he's my older brother, respect him," I chide her. She laughs, we move to the dance floor, she's groves while I try to fit in.

After their feet tired with dancing, their souls elated and content, they decide to click pictures. We sauntered to the restroom. Floor length mirrors with a fascinating background, camera clicks multiple photos with various poses.

Tipsy voices, eyes turn watery, they hug each other and sob, how much they were going to miss each other. They promise to remain in touch always and forever. Gently manoeuvred each other to not be sad on leaving the schools.I quietly tip toed out. I was not devastated on graduating the school, I was glad on leaving the hell hole which made me suffer endlessly.

Sonam gave me a call to ask my whereabouts, I waited at the reception for them. Taking a seat on the sofa placed next to the beautiful plants.

Congregation of people entered, voices catching my attention. I dug back to my phone, till the well recognised voice caught my attention back. Clad in a suit, he shook hands with others. "Mister Oberoi your table is ready," a waitress informed the stranger. My eyes followed him to the restaurant, soon he was out of my sight. He couldn't leave my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

The thoughts did not fail to run a wave of creepy spiders down my spine. What was happening with me?

We devoured our lunch. Clicked more pictures.

The sun downed, the moon casted a soft glow over the dark sky. With each passing moment the students left. My sibling was supposed to pick me up, while we awaited for him. My sight often travelled to the door of the restaurant. Each time, failing my purpose. My phone rang indicating my ride was here. Along my friends, I exited the hotel. Sonam and Arohi left in the latter's vehicle.