It was Friday, the day of the party

It was Friday, the day of the party. I immensely disliked Laila due to some a querll we had in the middle school. She was rude and arrogant, so did I thought. I wouldn't go if  I were not forced to go to her farmhouse. All thanks to Sonam.

I dressed in a wine coloured off shouldered peplum blouse pairing it with black flared pants, putting on my high heels, I picked my minaudière- placing the nude lipstick I applied on my lips, inside it, I checked my Smokey eyes for the last time.

I headed outside.

"Bhai?"  Stepping down the stairs, I found him sitting in the foyer, occupied with a phone call.

Nodding at me in reply, his eyes narrowed at my outfit, "are you going somewhere?" Kept his phone beside, he asked.

I sheepishly bobbled my head with a grin plastered on my face, I sat on the sofa, opposite to his.

Taking a glance at his expensive watch, he crossed his leg over the other, "at this time, where?" His voice, serious, expressions poker.

"Party." Dragging the last syllable, I fixed my doe eyes at him. He was protective of me, I stepping outside at an odd hour of the day, with guards along, he found it unsafe.

"Whose party is it?" A frown appeared on his forehead. He sprawled his arm on the head test of the sofa, an ankle of a leg placed on top of the other knee.

"You're home at this time?" I blurted out. Not that I tried to distract him, but I realised he was home at an odd hour.

Eyes and voice turned firm, "Roshni." He warned.

I sighed, "Sunaina Oberoi," Getting up from my place, I plopped beside him. "At their farmhouse." I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Karan Oberoi's daughter?"

Sitting back straight, I inclined my head.

He sighed, raking his fingers through his black hair, messing it up. "You're not going there." After a moment of silence, he shook his head.

My lips parted in disbelief. Call me spoilt, he never said no to me. If it was unsafe, he went along with me but denying, he never did that. "Why bhai?" Like a whine, I let it out, "I want to go, really," my eyes pleaded to him.

Lips pursued in a thin line, he took a deep breath, "Karan Oberoi is going against the businessse houses, he is in rivalry with most of the people, Roshni and you know this, huh?" His stare fixed at me, warmly. Cold voice held concern, "it's at their farmhouse, I don't find it safe."