The families of the couple left for their hometown after a remarkable event of lunch

The families of the couple left for their hometown after a remarkable event of lunch. Agastya had to rush to his office for an urgent work. Bitterness enveloped the new member, when she found her husband will not be coming home for dinner. Moon shone its gentle light, Niharika huffed again, the clock ticked, as if the night was running, she patiently waited for him to come.

Quarter to ten. She quietly sat on the swing in her balcony. Sounds of water from the fountain soothed her anxiety. She was married, away from her family, she could no longer run to her father when something failed, she no longer could cry on the lap of her mother when something hurt her. She could just go to that heartless man, who excused himself from loving her.

Feet swiped of the floor, head rested on the edge. Eyes closed, she fell into the rhythm of swaying.
Was this the life she imagined for herself? Shoulders involuntary rolled back, a sigh leaving her lips.

Husband coming home before six in the evening, she surprises him with a hug on the door when he rings the bell, she serves him a cup of tea and asks him what to cook for meal, he takes her out for a beautiful evening. Instead of a high end restaurant, they devour on piquant and tangy street food, her husband feeds her from his hands. Calling it a night with an icecream and a long drive on his motorbike.

Money and fame were never a priority of hers. She wanted love and a beautiful relationship. Her heart could not understand how she landed up in a mere relationship on papers. What was in his life that he couldn't open the doors to his heart for his wife, did someone else reside in it?

Sharp honk brought her back, white sedan entered the passage. Blush coated her cheeks, lips turned in a deep curve. She ran to the doors, eyes clenched shut when she realised how silly she acted. She was no more a teenager in love. Composing her behaviour, she opened the door to welcome her beloved.

"Hi," her hands gripped on the golden handles. A hand held phone against his ear, he spoke something to the person on the other end, giving his wife a nod. He gestured her to move to side, with confusion surrounding her, she did as asked to her. Daze ended when two workers of her husband entered with a bag of files and laptop, inside. Her silly heart smiled, this was not the regular household she expected, "Agastya Sahab khana?" She asked him who was going to his room.

("Dinner Agastya?")

"Mera dinner bahar tha, Roshni ne bataya hoga aapko," he slipped the phone in pocket, onyx eyes locked with her honey ones.

("Roshni must've have informed you, I'd it outside.")

Her heart hammered, what magic had he done on her. She nodded her head. Her sister in law did give her the information but she didn't had any other topic to talk to him.

Giving a curt nod Agastya retreated to his room.