23- White heartbeat

Rose petals colored in the shade of love, showered, Sonam shut her eyes on instinct , another wave of flowers drizzled of her

Rose petals colored in the shade of love, showered, Sonam shut her eyes on instinct , another wave of flowers drizzled of her. Brown eyes opened, heat coated her cheeks, Kairav on a knee, with a red rose in his hand, bent down in front of her. Pink nails, manicured fingers covered her face, her eyes travelled around my room. She blushed further on seeing me sitting across the room, on a couch.

"Kairav!" She sat against him, "you are here," her voice cracked, brown eyes scanned my cousin's face, who gestured her to take the flower from his hand. She received the red rose, Kairav gently pulled her up. Her shy eyes stole away from the contact, she sniffed on the flower.

"Hi!" My cousin said, "kaise hai yeh phool?"

(How did you find the flower?")

"Khoobsurat!" She answered looking in to his dark eyes.

("Beautiful.")

He rose a brow, "bilkul tumhare tarah?"

("Just the way you're?")

"Yeh toh tum better jaante hoge?" Eyes lowered down, she bit a smile.

("You can answer that better."

He leaned over to her ear, whispered, however still loud enough for me to hear, "tumse kam,"

("Lesser than you.")

She rolled her eyes, putting a hand on his shoulder, "thank you. I didn't know, you would be coming here," Brown eyes shone brighter with ounces of love in them.

"I asked Roshni to keep it a surprise," He tells her. They required the much needed privacy to talk, I decided to leave the room. While I crossed them my cousin stopped me, "You should meet your friend Roshni,"

"I'd meet her," I pat his shoulder, "Tum mill lo abhi," I took my exit from my room.

I turned away to the other way, when my sight fell on my sister in law, after the awkward conversation during breakfast, this morning, I didn't feel good enough to engage with her so soon.

"Karthik Bhaiya!" I was engulfed in a hug from Karthik, while he came out from a guest room.

"How're you?"

"Perfect! How're you bhaiya?"

He nodded, "good, where's Kairav?"

I halted, Kairav strictly asked me to hide this right now from our family because my friend didn't wish for them to know about their relationship, "he's in my room,"

Scepticism rippled over his face, "Oh, okay," he bobbled his head with uncertainty, "let's meet in evening,"

"Sure, bye!"