Up to my expectations, my brother was nowhere to be found

Up to my expectations, my brother was nowhere to be found. Clicking my tongue, I went to the dining hall. Per a small ritual, I followed- he is the first person I need to see after I wake up. Perhaps, it's paranoia but I feel bad things occurs to me, when I don't see his face just after waking up. When he is on tours, I video call him, after I wake up.

Entering in, I saw my sister in law, who was sitting on the chair opposite to mine . "Did bhai leave for office?" A house-help pulled the chair for me, "thank you," she smiled, poured down a cup of coffee.

"Oh yes. He checked on you while you were sleeping. So he left." Sipping on her tea, she answered.

"Oh." I nodded, Anita placed my breakfast in front of me. "Where is Ridashree?"

"She's getting ready." She picked up a raisin and choco-chip cookie and bit on it. "Roshni, how about we go to his office today."

Sallowing down the water I drank, "Bhai's office?" I rose a brow. "Yeah, sure."

After finishing my breakfast, I got ready. Dressing up in powder blue one shouldered blouse and tan pants, I applied some makeup. Winged eyeliner and nude lips. Grabbing my shades and phone, I rushed out of my room.

I waited for the sister's to arrive, the younger one did. We talked, while Karthik arrived. "You guys are going somewhere?"

"Ji, Karthik ji, hum office jaa rahe the," before I could answer, Ridashree did.

("Yes Karthik, we're heading to office.")

"Great! I was also going there," he twisted his arm to check the time, "Shall we go together?"

I looked at Ridashree. With uncertainty, she nodded her head.

"Why not, bhaiya," I plopped down on the sofa, "where's Kairav?"

The grin on Karthik's face enlarged, "he went to meet a friend."

My eyes rolled. He went to meet my friend. Niharika arrived, changed into a different saree, her hair and make up done, "chalein?" She asked.

("Shall we?")

Karthik was disappointed, when I sat beside him during the drive. Niharika subtly asked me to sit in the front.

"Aap nahi chalayegi car aaj?"  He questioned, a honk from behind, he speeded up from the traffic signal.

("Won't you be driving today?")

Involuntary, I turned back to see, "Bhaiya there is so much rush, I don't think so she will be able to drive," Niharika held her sister's hand while she was going to say a contradictory statement.

Battling the hustling busting of city's crowd, it took us forty minutes to reach the multi-storied building. Karthik stepped down, he met a group of people, a valet took his seat to park the car. Niharika and her sister were impressed on seeing the building. "This is beautiful." Ridashree's eyes sparkled, "our doesn't have such architecture,"