'Look here! A surprise for you

'Look here! A surprise for you.' Read the text from Viraj. My eyes rolled, fork dug in to the spaghetti. My head raised, I sunk back in to my chair.  Unknown to me, my head craned up again and heart dropped to my stomach. I tried to exit from the messages app, as if, just closing the app would get the person standing next to the pool vanished. The same black jacket, the same smug smile. The same top two buttons open, the same messy curled hair. Viraj waved a hand to me.

My sibling, he was on call. Viraj reached our table. I mentally face palmed. Perhaps it wasn't a huge deal, the family he belonged to was. Disliked by my sibling. It won't end well.

"Hey Roshni."

My fist tightened against the hold of my black skirt. To not add more to the awkwardness surrounding our table, I nodded my head at the invader of our privacy, Viraj.

"How are y-"

"Jaanti ho tum isko?" Viraj's question was cut short, by my brother's counter question.

("Do you know him?")

"Bhai, college me hai," I mumbled quietly, he rose a brow, hummed to repeat, "he's in my college,"

He nodded, "You may leave, kid!" He commanded in his regular sharp and authoritative manner. If anything that could lessen his domination, were overpowered with his almost glaring, dark onyx eyes.

Viraj's usual smug features, changed into something different. Fearful and uncertain, he moved a step back. "Sir I- I-" He halted when a hand was placed on his shoulder. White shirt with black pants and same colored blazer.

I bit my cheeks to prevent from smiling.

"Sir, he's with me." His brother extended his right hand, said the older guy. "He's Viraj, my brother." My brother gave a curt nod and shook his hand with him.

"I suppose, our meet here is not just a mere coincidence?" My brother turned his posture to back to the table. Picking up the glass of scotch, he took a sip of it. Putting an ankle on top of the his other knee, he placed the glass back in the table.

Viraj's older brother contoured his lips in an upward curve and rubbed his nape. "Sir, actually, would you please allow me to discuss something important?"

"Vikrant, I would suggest, we will meet in my office tomorrow." He gave a glance to the two.

Vikrant. The Stranger's name.  I played with my rings. Embezzling glances of the older guy, often, subtly enough to not get caught by anyone.

"Sir, I'd asked Mr Mehra for an appointment. But he denied, stating you've a fixed schedule for the rest of the month." He pulled away Viraj's hands, which he was fidgeting with themselves. Shooting a glare to him, he got back to my brother, with a polite look.

"My office tomorrow. Abhijeet will inform you the time." Placed the tumbler, forearm rested on the table he spared a look to the duo and ordered once again, with finality lacing is voice.