| 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 |

❝It's scary trusting people.❞

¤

breathing jagged and rapid, the white-haired Targaryen woke up with a jerk of her body, heart pounding against her chest as her wide eyes quickly covered the large room she was in.

she could not remember what had scared her, but she knew that it was enough to cause her a sense of caution and fear of it happening to her in the waking world.

her tired gaze followed her walls up to the ceiling as she leaned back against her pillows. the sun was already up, and by the looks of it, she guessed that it was time for her to wake anyway.

over the last few days, she could swear that the haunting palace she was forced to live in for the past years only grew worse. there was something eerie following her every move, yet she could not place her finger on it.

it was one of those feelings you get when you know for a fact that something was due, a warning if you may. and as the days passed, she knew that whatever it was was growing closer.

forcefully dragging her palms over her face, she sat up and reached for the rope hung by her bed to call upon her ladies-in-waiting, along with Genya Safin, the red-haired tailor who was assigned to her under the Queen and the Darkling's orders.

drinking in the last few moments of peace, she closes her eyes before she takes in a deep breath in and lets it out seconds after. her day felt dreadful from the start.

she could hear shuffling from behind her closed door, and, sighing, she mentally prepared herself for the three women to disturb her calm.

its not that she disliked them - she did, but she simply was in no mood for the help that her maids were hired to offer from the second she wakes to the moment she goes to bed.

the door opens, and through it walk the ladies in question, polite smiles on their faces as they greet her before each of them got to their duties.

Genya stayed by the entrance as usual, watching as she always does, making sure everything was in order before she stepped inside. "how was your sleep, my lady?"

the witch groans. "please, stop with the formalities. it's 9 in the morning." she mumbles out before rolling around in her bed and landing on her feet. "I'm about to have an entire day of 'my lady' this and 'your highness' that, spare me."

the tailor chuckles. "well, your morning won't have any titles required." she states with a knowing look as she lightly nudges the girl towards her bathroom, the water having already been drawn for her.

"why do you say that?" Aeya asks.

genya sighs. "General Kirigan asked to see you." she hums, her nails running through the younger girl's hair as she skillfully unknots it. "sounded urgent"

"you don't seem too happy about it." the saint notes with a frown as she carefully undoes her robe and slides into the warm water with a small breath of relief. "neither should you."

her attention perks at that. "what's that supposed to mean?" she asks, eyes squinting in suspicion as she turned to stare at the woman.

looking back at the two maids in the room, the tailor sighs and moves her body closer. "just remember what I always tell you," she whispers, voice quiet as to not draw unwanted attention. "be careful of powerful men, you never know what they have in mind."