𝐯. longing.

❝we both drowned under the waves of words we weren't saying.❞

¤

eyes fixed on the set of light on the dome only meters away, the raven and the wraith hid in the shadows.

their faces were masked by items that each of their separate outfits had. and as they waited for the clock to chime, bodies fully covered by the night sky's darkneded glow, their gaze moved along with each movement that they caught.

the place was swarming with watchmen, but their plan was fale-proof. they weren't amateurs.

the kribirsk archive house was huge, one that they most probably could get lost in if it wasn't for the path Brekker had provided them, and as they noticed the sudden lack of light, they were quick to move, soundlessly darting across the rooftop and to where they needed to be.

the heist was simple, and so was its execution. at exactly two hours after sunset, Jesper is to turn the lighting valves off for them to sneak past. once inside, they must follow Kaz's lead to where the blueprints to the Little Palace were.

he had gone inside under the guise of being a famous architect in need, fooling the man at the desk to lead him right to their target. although not directly.

he had set a trail of phosphorus under the worker's shoe, which would help the two girls manage their way once inside. what they needed just happened to be used on the daily, so, with Inej's skills, they are to copy it with light hands and then climb back out.

the blueprints were secured behind a two-part lock mechanism, one that was so easy for both of them to get through that it almost felt like childplay at this point, and as they each glided down the set of rope they had, their feet landing into the marbeled floor, they looked at each other, the youngest's amusement clear in her eyes. she adored heists.

Inej only rolled her own and turned to look for what the crow man had planted, and as she instantly found the soft circular hue, she grinned, leading the way along the large drawers with light steps.

the Targaryen marveled at the room, art of all forms hung on each wall that surrounded her. she looked up, head tilting as far back as it could to stare up at the mosaic designs spread onto the roof.

a sharp whistle drew her attention back on their mission, her brown eyes falling on the Suli spy only a few feet away from her motioning for her to move. so she did.

carefully pushing closer, she noted the smaller metalic desk-like safe, and as she crouched in front of it, Inej behind her pulling the empty paper out of her bag to spread it on the floor, she acknowledged the small lock in front of her.

for a moment, she was grateful; her abilities coming in hand when she was not too fond of the idea of breaking and entering. so, with light movement, she placed her gloved fingers near the lock and focused her magic into it, quickly unlocking it and dragging the drawer open.

inside it was stacked a bunch of different folders and building designs, but she only needed the one at the top, 'Little Palace Blueprint' written in Ravkan at the bottom of it.

she pulled it carefully before turning to hand it to the wraith who gladly took it in her hold and then placed it onto the floor with the empty paper on top of it.