𝐱𝐢𝐯. lover's quarrels.

❝but we simply cannot sit and stare at our wounds forever.❞

¤

their expressions remain unmoving for a few blinks, a contrast between the emotions they both held openly for the world to see.

she despised him, hated him from the bottom of her heart the more she remembered what he'd done to her family throughout the years, while his seemed to soften at the sentiment, keen on fixing it.

"give me the name, and I'll consider ending your life much faster than I had planned." she requests, palms spreading over her knees in her squatted position. she was lying, nothing in the world could stop her from what was about to come.

he chuckles, defiant. "I'm not scared of you, Aeya." his words are calm, even, and he shifts his shoulder uncomfortably, wincing at the crack emitting from it. "I know you better than you know yourself."

her lips tilt up as she nods and presses even closer. "then you know what I've done to people who've defied me before." she agrees. "in the little palace, they were burnt to ashes. in Ketterdam," she trails off, whisteling in amusement as her hand reaches for the discarded knife a few centimeters away. she flips it around her fingers for a moment before her violet eyes meet his again.

"I made them beg." she hums, letting the sharp point drag against his jawline, not pushing against the skin, simply dragging it over the growing subtle to prove her point. "since you know so much about me, I'm guessing you understand what that entails." the knife presses a bit deeper, a dimple like hole forming onto the bleeding general's cheek. "and how effective I am when it comes to extracting intel that I need."

the man only stares, eyes darting between her own, and if the frown on his forehead told her anything, it was that he seemed contradicted, mind swirling with two options that she could not decipher.

he looks down for a moment, sighing to himself, but he blinks back up at her, exoression much controlled then earlier, calmer perhaps, colder. "I'm sorry." her confusion barely has time to settle before his head is slamming against her own with a loud thump.

she groans, her dominant hand reaching up for her forehead to ease at the rapidly flourishing pain while her body stumbles back from her crouched position. her eyes were shut tight, face scrunched up in discomfort as she tries to breathe past the sparkling white stars shimering behind her lids.

it was a low blow, but it seemed effective enough. the general was standing up to his full height, no longer bothered by the gaping hole the Shu had stabbed into his palm.

he stares down at her grumbling figure, and his gaze grows darker. she seemed small under him, weak. he could crush her easily from where he stood, she was still distraught by the shock.

his arms raise, and his vision barely notes the sun sumonner that was spreading her light through the fold. his fingers tingle as his darkness pulses against them, ordering itself into a blade of shadows that twinkled with each move as Alina's glow reflected into it.

the Targaryen looks up, blinking past the dancing swirls in front of her, and their eyes meet once again. for a moment, she could feel his hesitation, a small skip of his heartbeat as he fought against the hold she still had on it. she was his doom, but he still hoped they could grow past it.

his nose flares, and he shakes his head, lips pursing in anger. his elbow pull back, and as he moves to shoot the blade her way, her arms raising to shield her with her own magic, a shout cuts into the air instead and a barreling body runs past her and slams into him.

she could blurily see them both stumble back into the side of the boat, their limbs colliding against each other before the man fighting for her decides to lead the conflict elsewhere.