𝐱𝐯𝐢. old friends.

❝we'll never be those kids again.❞

¤

she was dreaming, the saint could tell.

everything felt foggy, too slow, too fabricated.

the wind blew through her hair and it felt unreal, the sand beneath her shoes crunched in different sounds as she marched forward and her vision was clearer than it ever was.

she walks forward, and with a frown, her head tilts sidways, squinting at the scenery. she knew where she was, anyone would know, the beast of darkness covering the sky in front of her was beyond obvious.

she was back on the outskirts of the fold.

her steps remain cautious, tentative, as she aporoaches it, confused by her movement. she couldn't stop it, couldn't control it, and so she follows in silence.

she could feel the dirt flying directly into her eyes but it didn't seem bother her; she was dreaming.

as the fold rumbles away as it usually did, her heart jumps and she stills. something was different, her head tilts further and her brows draw even closer.

she didnt know what to expect, but a figure stepping out of the fold was the last thing she would of thought of. her walking stills.

the man was familiar, too familiar, her throat tightens and she sucks in a quick breath, arms raising at her side to call on her powers, but they wouldn't answer. her gaze darts down in terror but she turns her attention back up to him, refusing to lose focus.

he hadn't noticed her, at least not yet, and she prayed he wouldn't.

his body looked crumbled even from afar, shoulders soggy and legs almost shaky. he was limping as he made his way out, expression filled with anger as his nose flared.

his face held scars that dragged all across, claw mark so deep they'd turned black. they looked horrifying, made him look closer to the monster she knew him to be.

his hair, although short and messy, flew back with the strong breeze and his jaw twitched but it couldn't hide the hints of pain glitering behind his expression.

she takes a step back and waits again, waits for him to attack, maybe, or to crumble to the ground. none of it happens.

in matching shapes, two large creatures follow out after him, twisting and growling. they were made out of nothing, out of the darkness that filled the fold, and his head snaps to them, acknowledging the fact that they were, in fact, still at his side. his lips quirks up.

he was content.

for a moment, it all stills, all slows, and at her shaky exhale, his gaze snaps to her, fury crossing it in bare blinks. she gasps, but before the sound could be let out into the air, her body shoots up, falling over an invisible cliff as she looks around with wide eyes.

a tall boy replaces her vision instead and the sound of waves and cawing ravens fills her ears once again, burying the memory of her nightmare down into the back of her mind. she couldn't remember what she'd saw anymore, only that it had startled her to the point of terror.

Jesper's face scrunches up in concern and his gaze rakes through her face. "you okay?" he wonders softly, fingers loosening their grip on her shoulder.

the girl only nods with closed eyes and rapidly rubs at her face. she felt disoriented, dizzy even, but she smiles through her frown nonetheless. "yeah." her answer is short.

the sharpshooter remains unconvinced. she sighs through her nostrils. "just a bad dream."

she looks around with heavy lids and frowns, hand wrapping around the sword she'd laid at her side before picing it back up and and hanging it over her back. "are we there yet?" her voice sounded tired and he hums with a grin, hoping to lighten the mood. "finally back home."