HDEDI [1]

Steve knew this was a very bad idea. His first mistake was agreeing to meet with his parents this weekend at their summer vacation home in the Hamptons. And second, he should have asked his girlfriend, Sharon Carter, to join him. She was his girlfriend only technically since they were secretly dating. Steve made sure to emphasize that he wasn't good with commitment and stuff. He liked to sleep around but she was something closest to girlfriend to him. He knew he was a douche but he liked to keep thing this way.

Third, he should have trusted his instincts, which had told him that something would go wrong at this family gathering. He shouldn't have come because he knew his parents would invite their best friends and long-time business partners, the Romanov family.

That meant meeting his lifelong archenemy, Natasha Romanov, who he hadn't seen in a very long time.

Oh, he hated her so much. The mere thought of her left a bad taste in his mouth.

When his Aston Martin pulled over to the curb of his house, his parents, Joseph and Sarah Rogers were waiting for him--- along with the Romanovs.

A certain redhead caught his eyes immediately.

She was definitely not the one he remembered the last time he saw her. Yeah, that was also the last vacation he'd ever had with the Romanovs. It was a nice summer vacation at this very house when their parents had told them to have a little time alone on a sailboat.

And Natasha "accidentally" got thrown overboard. She got a huge cut over her stomach that Steve was sure would leave a nasty scar. The trip was cut short and he had to take her back to the shore and rush to the hospital.

The Romanov were furious to see their only daughter get hurt and Natasha hadn't talked to him since because she knew he had done it on purpose. His parents had to repair the damage he had done. Steve never once joined them on a vacation again.

He couldn't stand her. She was more beautiful and sexy now than she had been as a kid. It didn't change the way he felt about her. He had always hated those piercing green eyes or the way she seemed to know every damn thing that was going on in his head. He definitely hated her for the way she always won every damn games they'd ever played together when they were young.

He hated her so damn much. Period.

The butler took Steve's luggage from the trunk as he threw his keys to his parents' driver. Greeting his family and the guests, he put on the face and got the show going.

"Ivan," Steve shook hands with the tall man with grey hair before turning to the small woman with blonde hair next to Ivan Romanov. "Aliana," he kissed her hand.

"A pleasure to meet you again, Steve," Ivan noted. "We haven't seen each other in quite sometime now."

"Yes, sir. It's been almost ten years now."

The last time he'd met them, Steve had been only twenty years old. Now he was thirty and in fact, the hottest bachelor of New York City. The sole heir to the Rogers fortune. He owned a building in New York and also took care of his family charity foundation in place of his mother.

"I'm sure you can remember our daughter," Aliana Romanov said as she pushed her daugther forward.

Steve smiled as he saw his archenemy stood in front of him. Memories from the good old day came back. Oh, it will come back full circle. "Nice to see you again, Natasha," he greeted but he was sure as hell he didn't mean that at all.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Natasha had just come back from her business trip to LA, sent there by her father to finalize the deal. Her plane landed and she thought that she might finally get to stay home and enjoy her summer in New York City when her parents summoned her and told her that the three of them would spend the rest of the summer in the Hamptons with the Rogers.