First Years: The Girl Who Lived

A/N

Was supposed to post the house cup points but gimme another chapter lol cus I wanted to post this asap

___________

"Something was off about Hermione." Harry said as he paced the shrieking shack.

"I know mate." Ron agreed.

"What do you reckon she wanted us to do? Should we wait here?" Harry asked his best friend. They obviously caught on that the real reason they were at the shack was not to find that boy named Jay.

Harry had recognized Rosie's handwriting on the note too. It was hard not to, she was sweet and wrote letters for every single person in the family on birthdays and christmases, graduations or anytime someone accomplished something. All of their households combined had at least one or two letters from her pinned to a fridge, above a desk, or a bedroom wall.

Which is why he had read the note out loud when Hermione handed it to him. He reasoned Hermione wanted him to or else why go through the spectacle of handing it over so he could recognize the handwriting instead of just telling him to come to the shack.

He would have been completely oblivious to something like that when he was younger, but after years of being an auror and getting caught in situations that required partners to communicate with each other discreetly, or having to guess what the other was thinking without words, he had finally gotten pretty good at being more attentive to things like that.

"Not sure mate, but the girls usually have it handled." Ron replied. "There must have been a reason she sent you off with me instead of Ginny. She would have obviously been the smarter choice."

"True. I guess all we have to do is wait then. I'm assuming Ginny is either the real plan all along or our back up."

"Honestly, probably both." Ron admitted and shook his head at his usual realization. He had always been insecure about his measly accomplishments. What with having five older brothers that had all excelled in one way or another, and a best friend who was the literal chosen one, it was hard not to. "Bloody hell, I'm dreadful. Even my baby sister outdid me." Ron said miserably.

Harry looked at him sympathetically and reached out to squeeze his shoulder.

"Don't feel too bad Ron, she outdid all of you." Harry said with a solemn face. He held the reassuring pose only for a few seconds before his lips quivered and he burst out laughing.

"Some best mate you are." Ron said grumpily, but eventually he started laughing too. "She did though didn't she? Guess I don't feel too bad. Who else out of my brothers can say they played professional quidditch, became the head journalist for quidditch then the sports editor for the daily prophet, got recruited to become an auror, then randomly decided to come work at Hogwarts and got the head of house position immediately. I'd thought James had gotten the impulsivity from you but he's clearly all Ginny apparently."

"He did get his impulsivity from me. Can't sit still to save his life, but the way he can master whatever it is he decides he wants to try is all Ginny." Harry agreed. "She's always been very formidable."

"No one took her seriously. Fred and George stole her jumper and hid it all the time to mess with her when she was little. Percy was way too pretentious to pay any mind to her. Bill and Charlie were always cool with her but that was mostly because they were so much older and I'm pretty sure they just found her endearing, not powerful." Ron said observantly.

"You guys should have known she would be when she did a perfect reductor curse and blew that dummy to bits during that D.A lesson, even Fred and George were impressed and I swear a saw a bit of fear in their eyes because it practically turned to dust on her first try." Harry pointed out, smirking proudly over the memory of his wife who wasn't even his girlfriend yet at the time scaring her brothers after blowing that dummy up.