Chapter 3 || This is Tartaru--HELL.

Leo Valdez, August 17, 8:00 AM

Listen, as the president of the Tech Society Club, I've learned a few things about hacking the school's website. For one, I can check the roster of new kids before they even get here. Secondly, I can also find their socials and their information--yeah, it sounds stalker-ish, but I've got nothing better to do and I don't really have the intention on using their information for more than personal knowledge.

I like to assess the competition for Flamin' McShizzle. I tried to name my robot that, but... it got denied.

I walked into school, lonely as ever. It's not really easy, being me. I've never known what true friendship is like. Most people who partner with me for anything just want the easy A, and being me, I don't really care. I like going solo sometimes. But being lonely does get a bit boring after a few years. Oh, who am I kidding? A lifetime!

A group of hot, fashionable people passed by me and I glanced at the newest girl in the middle, who had already seemed to have taken the group under her wing. Piper McLean. I had checked the roster before-hand and knew she was the definition of fashionable at Crystal High, where she had transferred from.

No doubt, she was gonna be P to the O to the P-U-L-A-R.

As I was walking to my locker, I also passed by the band room, where there just happened to be a view of a blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy strumming his electric guitar like a literal pro. Jason Grace. I also recognized him from the roster. In fact, he actually dated one of the girls here at Goode, so I'd actually already seen him in the halls last year.

"Oops, sorry," someone said quietly as I bumped into them.

She shoulder past me and quickly hurried to her locker. Hazel Levesque. Oh, I recognized her from the roster as well. For what I know, she's not really big on socials, and she definitely wasn't a popular kid. In fact, no one talked about her at all, which just made me think she was a loner. From what the Crystal High yearbook superlatives say, she was voted Loneliest Kid. But, it got deleted, so that was just a data leak I found somewhere.

I passed by a group of Asian nerds, almost missing one of the new kids I saw on the roster. Frank Zhang. While it felt rude to say, he did seem very stereotypical, and the entire school called their group 'Asian nerds'. They actually seemed to like it? They were all practically wearing the same T-shirt and khakis, spitting facts, and talking about chess. A life like that? Not for this Flamin' McShizzle.

Oh, and just as I thought I would miss the last two, there they were... With the jocks. Jockey girls shouldering sports bags and wearing jerseys, jocks in their letterman jackets... Damn, they were cool. My eyes first landed on a boy with sea-green eyes and dark, messy hair. Percy Jackson. Oh, he was Captain Amazing at Coastline High. Straight-up everyone knew this kid at Goode, even before he transferred here! And, judging by the way he was practically leading the conversation, I could tell he was now the new Mr. Popular.

Then, at the opposite end of the group, stood a blonde-haired, grey-eyed girl, dribbling a soccer ball and talking to the jockey girls. Annabeth Chase. Crystal Captain of athletics at Crystal High--oh shit. I almost laughed as the realization hit me.

The captain of Coastline was now in the same school as the captain of Crystal High, which meant at tryouts... shit was about to go down. And judging by the way they were both glaring at each other from opposite ends of the group, they weren't gonna be the power couple you see in movies. Now, it was a competition: who would be the captain of Goode and the superior?

The bell rang, so I quickly swung into my first class of the day: math.

Annabeth Chase, August 17, 8:15 AM