Chapter 24 || Are You A Hoe? Yes or No?

Annabeth Chase, October 5, 8:00 AM

There was no talking. Percy and I barely even looked at each other as we grabbed our waters and fixed ourselves up before going for a run. And for some reason, I actually wished I'd see him, or at least bump into him.

I guess not having problematic, conceited, blind asses in your life isn't a good thing all the time.

I wouldn't be mad at him if he was still upset with me today. I did jump to conclusions. I wiped my face as a couple of tears sprouted to my face. I ruined whatever friendship we had just started to kindle. Just. Like. That. They say having a big mouth is a curse, but honestly, having a shitty one is just as bad. Add a terrible impulsiveness and you've got a recipe for disaster.

As I came back to the house after an hour of running, I peeled my sweaty clothes off my body and stepped into the shower, turning it on cold. There are a lot of benefits from showering cold, especially in the morning. It wakes me up if the running didn't, it helps with the environment, and I generally like the cold.

I stepped out, feeling refreshed, and blew my hair dry with a diffuser (curls are literally the most annoying thing in the world sometimes). I stared at myself in the mirror, only wearing a bra and underwear. Piper always said, "tell your naked self the naked truth in the mirror." I thought it was stupid, but I guess I'm two clips away from naked, so it counts.

"Annabeth," I whispered to myself. "You cannot get yourself wrapped around this person. He may be hot but he is a fuckboy. If he wants to do that with his life, he can. That's not your business. And maybe it was a bit impulsive to do that, and maybe you feel bad for it, but you also are hurting from what he said to you about your impulsive attitude, at the same time, you feel bad for calling him a fuckboy and nosing your way through his business, when clearly you just like him and are jealous of Calypso--"

I stared at myself, flabbergasted. "Naked truths? More like naked lies!" I scoffed to no one. "Piper's method is shit." I glanced out the door to make sure no one was nearby and listening. If someone heard me say that, I'd jump through the bathroom window and say goodbye.

I quickly walked out of the bathroom and threw on a simple hoodie, shorts, and socks. Avoiding the kitchen as much as I could, I slipped my feet into my Adidas slides and snuck out to my car. Why am I sneaking around again? Percy doesn't own this place! My eyes widened. But I'm not hiding from Percy or anything.

What did that mirror do to me?!

Without even thinking, I walked into The Atlas Diner and quickly grabbed a solo seat by the window. I scrolled on my phone and heard a waiter walk by to take my order.

"Hello, what can I get you today?" A familiar voice.

I looked up to see Calypso, a notepad ready and her hair tied back into that ridiculous braid. "Did your parents punish you or something by making you switch to this job? I never see you at this restaurant."

Annabeth, be nice to her. You might not like her or think she's a little bit of a bitch, but you can't be mean. That's not okay.

To my relief, she smiled. "Yeah. My dad owns the restaurant and between all his daughters he's the most strict on me." A faint blush crept to her cheeks. "He didn't like that Percy and I--"

"Had sex." I immediately cut her off. "Uh, could I get an iced caramel latte and a blueberry muffin please?"

Calypso grinned again, as if I hadn't totally acted hostile. "Coming right up!"

Why does she have to be so nice?! I thought to myself. It was making it hard for me to hate her.

A moment later, she came with my iced caramel latte and a muffin, warmed to perfection. She smiled again like a little doll. "Is there anything else I can--