Chapter 29 || I Spy With My Little Eye... Something Fishy

Thalia Grace, October 8, 6:00 AM

I don't like waking up early. Percy and I are similar, but in that aspect, we're polar opposites. See, I was woken up to his annoying alarm clock, which was an Eminem song. That's also where we differ. I don't love rap. But I do love sick guitar riffs. If Percy could have two rappers as his soul, they'd be Eminem and Kendrick Lamar. If I could have two bands as my soul, I'd have Nirvana and Green Day. It's not that complicated.

But I do hate it when people wake me up.

I got out of bed, realizing my hair was a mess, and groaned. It's always been sorta messy, even if I comb it. It just becomes this spiky bob that I can't really control. But I was lucky that my school had the day off today, since I was dying to know what Goode High was like.

And if it was as preppy and fancy as all the pictures seemed.

What was worse was the fact that Nico and I had to share a room. Not a bed, since they had two twin-sized beds, but, still, a room. And that kid is a dead sleeper. He looks like he's dead when he sleeps. Two doors slammed as two people came out.

I frowned and peeked out the door to see Percy and Annabeth both getting out of their rooms. Percy was still half-shirtless, tugging on a light blue T-shirt over his shorts. Annabeth was wearing a red 49er's jersey, adjusting her running shorts. And I swore I saw her cheeks turn pink when she glanced at Percy's abs, but it could've been the reflecting light off her red shirt.

The two of them didn't even speak a word. Annabeth tugged her AirPods Max headphones over her head and Percy did the same. They both ran down the stairs and out of my view.

"That's some tension, alright."

I jumped as I spotted Nico hovering above me, staring out of the crack in the door.

"What the fuck, Neeks?!" I hissed. "Hasn't anyone told you not to sneak up on them like that?"

Nico frowned. "No."

"Well, I'm telling you not to sneak up on me like that!" I whisper-shouted, plopping back onto my bed. "Wake me up never."

"You're gonna have to wake up if you're gonna make it to Percy's school with him," Nico deadpanned.

"Let me live my fucking dream, Di Angelo."

Percy Jackson, October 8, 12:00 PM

I put the books away in my locker. Nico was taking a bathroom break and Thalia was standing next to me, talking to me about how she really wanted this blue guitar she saw in a store the other day.

"One like Jason's?" I asked absently.

"Yeah. Isn't that weird? We have the same last name and he plays guitar, just like me!" Thalia chuckled.

"He's probably our long lost cousin," I remarked sarcastically.

"Annabeth sure isn't."

"What?" I slammed my locker shut, eyes wide. "Thalia, wha--"

"HA!" She pointed a finger at me. "You like her!"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Thalia, shut the fuck up. I do not like anyone!"

"Then, why are you two always so awkward around each other, getting locked up in closets together, and always blushing when the other walks by?" Thalia wriggled her eyebrows.

"She blushes when I walk by--"

"You care?" She batted her eyelashes. "That's interesting to hear from you, Jackson."

"Fuck you," I spat. "Thalia, you know love is gross and weird and no one actually feels it in high school. Especially not me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a bitch to make out with."