Chapter 20 || A Weekend To Relax

Frank Zhang, October 3, 10:00 PM

After the Homecoming Dance was over, we all simultaneously agreed to come home and not party. If anyone got drunk, no one would be the sober driver and if they barfed, that was on them. Another thump was heard upstairs and Annabeth let out a disgusted groan. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Can they have sex at Calypso's house or something? I can't hear the movie over all their moaning!" she complained.

Well, given it was pretty gross. So I couldn't really comment and say it's out of her crush on him or anything.

"No parents here," Piper explained, shrugging.

"AH! PERCY!" Calypso moaned from upstairs. "AH! GOOD LORD, I'M COMING! AHHH!"

"Holy fuck. Make it stop." Leo curled up in a ball and pressed his palms to his ears.

"Turn up the volume, will you?" Hazel nudged me and I hastily grabbed the remote, dialing the volume up.

We were watching The Summer I Turned Pretty, and as much as Belly drove me completely insane, it was better than hearing Percy's sex adventure upstairs.

"PERCY, UGHN!" Calypso wailed.

"Didn't work." Jason sighed. "Anymore volume and our eardrums will burst."

Leo stood up from the couch, blocking his ears as he started for the door. "I'm gonna leave now. See you guys in a while."

"Leo!" Hazel cried. "Don't leave, please."

"Do you want me to go crazy?" Leo winced as he looked up the stairs.

I squinted. Look, I was no love god, but there was something... off. "You okay?"

Leo whipped around. "No, I'm fine. I guess I had too much sugar earlier. I'm gonna go home and crash. Bye!"

Before we had anymore time to say anything, he had escaped the building.

Leo Valdez, October 3, 10:30 PM

I got home and plopped down on my bed, sighing. All I could think about was how beautiful Calypso looked in her dress... and how much I wanted to rip Percy's face off when I saw her in his arms.

Was it possible that I... liked this girl? I groaned. Of course, I wouldn't win against a hot boy like Percy Jackson.

"Why does everyone have to like him so fucking much?!" I yelled into my pillow. Even I liked him.

She just looked so beautiful. And she seemed like a nice girl. I shook my head, sitting up. So what if I was against a guy like Percy Jackson? He had a reputation in school for not being into long relationships because he thought it was too sappy and gross. He wasn't going to date her. For all I knew, she was wide open. And I was Flamin' McShizzle Valdez. I could do it.

Annabeth Chase, October 4, 8:00 AM

I grabbed a glass of water and adjusted my phone on my armband, getting ready to go out for a run. A door opened upstairs and I watched as Percy came downstairs, also apparently ready for a run. We looked at each other and sighed.

"You have the same habits as me," we both said simultaneously.

"You're up, huh?" I put my AirPods Max headphones around my neck. "Thought you'd be sleeping in 'cuz you were banging Calypso until early morning."

"She left at 2 AM. I drove her home," Percy replied. "You know, 'conceited asses' like me can be gentlemen, too."

"What? You're dating now?" Why are you asking that question, Annabeth? The fuck is wrong with you?