Chapter 11 || Eat My Shit

Percy Jackson, September 2, 11:00 AM

I woke up with a massive headache. It was a strange school holiday; something called Goode Day. It was Principal Sassan's birthday. And considering he was the principal of a private school, he could call off school whenever he wanted, and I was sure he didn't want to deal with a couple screaming teenagers on his self-pamper day.

I opened my eyes, softly groaning. Someone's head was on my arm and I head no idea whose head it was. I almost let out a shriek of disgust and terror when I saw princess curls. I yanked the covers off and she opened her eyes. We stared at each other and let out shrieks of pain and disgust at the ringing of our heads and the fact that we were in the same bed.

Annabeth pulled the strap off her hoodie and I squeezed my eyes shut. "We didn't have sex," she declared. "Thank fucking God."

"Good. I didn't waste a load on you--ow!" I opened my eyes and glared at her.

"You deserved it!" she chuckled.

Oh. We're in her room. She got up and splashed some cold water on her face, letting out a groan of satisfaction as she did. "Come here, Percy," she said as she dried her face off. "The cold water helps with a hangover."

I stumbled out of her bed and immediately, the cool water hit my skin, making the aching in my temples fade slightly. I grabbed the towel she handed me with a quick nod of thanks and pushed my face into it.

"Remind me to never go to a party with you again," Annabeth muttered as she spread some toothpaste on her toothbrush. "I don't want to have a heart attack when I find you in my bed."

"You and me both, Chase," I said, shivering.

I walked back out and collapsed on her bed again, the headache returning. I watched out of half-lidded eyes as she smeared on some sunscreen and grabbed a weird-looking contraption to curl her lashes. After a few quick coats of mascara and a smudge of Aquaphor, she headed to her closet. I realized I was staring and quickly shook my head.

"I'll go get some Aspirin," I muttered, stumbling out of the door and pushing the door to my room open.

As I brushed my teeth, the events of last night flooded back to my brain. The dancing, the laughing, the blushing, Wise Girl--THE FUCK?! I spit my toothpaste out and quickly gurgled some water.

"I danced with Annabeth Chase," I whispered to myself, not sure whether to feel disgusted or flattered.

Hazel Levesque, September 2, 11:30 AM

I sat downstairs on the couch, scrolling through my phone casually. Percy came jogging down the stairs in a blue hoodie and denim baggy jeans.

"Hey," he sighed, reaching into the cabinets for some Aspirin. "Sorry, I was at a party last night. No idea how I got home, though."

I smirked. I didn't know how, but I didn't really feel as uncomfortable or shy around them like I usually did. Percy eyed me strangely, reaching into the fridge for the milk. He poured some Lucky Charms into a bowl and ignored me.

"I know how you got home." I held my keys up.

Percy's milk spilled slightly and he quickly capped it. "What?"

"I know how you got home from Beckendorf's party," I said smugly.

"How did you know it was Beckendorf's party?" Percy stared at me, realizing. "No."

"Yes."

"No." Percy shook his head. "Hazel, you didn't see anything that happened at the party, did you?"