Chapter 37 || Leo's Epic Takedown

happy new year everyone -- this is a present from me to you :) - author <3 sorry for not updating

Leo Valdez, November 20, 10:00 AM

So, Annabeth didn't want to come talk to the principals and counselors at Goode about her situation, even if both Percy and I had insisted she went, but she just kept insisting they wouldn't help because "it's happened before." I had no idea what she meant by that, but Percy had practice after school, which meant Principal Sassan just let the two of us skip class to come talk to him during period 2. 

But Percy still hadn't showed up, so I was just sitting in a huge chair in front of Principal Sassan, who was sipping a cherry Coke and watching funny cat videos on TikTok. He glanced over at me. "Do you want a drink?"

I shrugged. "Sure."

Principal Sassan got up from his seat and tossed me a can of Coke, which I gratefully accepted. "What's this about again?" he asked, plopping back down in his chair.

"About Annabeth and Percy, who should've been here five minutes ago," I said, glancing at the clock. "And Matilda."

"Oh," Principal Sassan chuckled. "The Instagram post. Right... It's always those two, huh? I mean, personally speaking I think them dating was perfectly reasonable. The way the Instagram post you screenshotted framed it... probably not the best, but if those two dated, my career would feel complete."

"Your career--" I paused. "You're a principal."

Principal Sassan coughed slightly and continued drinking his Coke. "And it's boring as hell watching all these preppy school kids try to destroy each other over grades and sports and stuff. Honestly, those six new kids are the most interesting things I've seen my entire life. I'm considering switching my career to matchmaking."

I blinked a couple times. "I don't think that's a job."

Principal Sassan shrugged. "So what's your opinion on Percabeth?"

I gasped. "Finally someone who uses the ship name! Yes! I'm so sick of the 'Annercy's and the 'Perbeth's. What the fuck is that, am I right?"

"Kids are so stupid!" Principal Sassan agreed. "Honestly, the two of them should just get together at this point. Also, stop gaming in class with Island Girl or whatever online girlfriend you have. You're ass at the game."

I paused. "How do you know I play games in class?"

Principal Sassan froze. "No reason, LeoFireMcShizzle07."

"YOU PLAY?!" I screamed.

"Shush!" Principal Sassan hissed. "Jesus, man, can you please be quiet? Now, where is Percy?"

I sighed, pulling out my laptop and evidence folder. "No idea, but he was just a witness. I've got all the proof right here."

Principal Sassan stared at the piles of stalker screenshots, interviews, maps of hacking. If you couldn't tell, I had definitely done my research. And I was so fucking proud of it. If I had wanted to look like I was a really nerdy kid off Nickelodeon, I could've brought my fake glasses, but I had decided against it because usually nerds who look like they're from Nickelodeon usually end up being pervs too.

"Wow," he said. "Well, I didn't need all of that to know that it was Matilda because that girl has been drooling after Percy like a wet puppy, but that's impressive." He paused. "Just promise me that you won't hack my computer and I'll keep your video game girlfriend a secret."

"Deal," I said, smiling.

Percy burst in the room, seeming to be panting. "Sorry. Annabeth judo-flipped me and wrestled me for a good few minutes on my way here. She doesn't really want me to be here."