Chapter 33 || Video Game Girlfriend

Percy Jackson, October 30, 8:27 AM

It'd been two weeks since the whole drama conundrum, so I was caught up in all my schoolwork. Honestly, I was just glad I wasn't Annabeth. That girl literally did everything. She was in the orchestra, the yearly musical, the choir, the sports teams, speech and debate... What the fuck was she on? Not to mention that her free time included spending every last second at the library before it closed.

I hated to admit it, but I was going to the library a lot more than I used to.

I slammed my locker shut and my hearing faded back in to Frank's complaints. "Okay, I get it. You and Piper are really in love. But it's been two weeks and both of your bedrooms are on either side of me, so I'd appreciate it if I didn't fall asleep to the sound of your screaming and moaning!"

"But we have great sex!" Piper pouted.

"Doesn't mean I have to hear it!" Frank snapped back.

"I can't help but moan, dude," Jason said, shrugging. "It's just sex. Try it with Hazel sometime and you'll understand."

Hazel's eyes widened and she spoke up for the first time this morning (probably this week, since that girl was QUIET). "With me? And have a fucking foursome while we're banging both headboards?"

"Oh, please, don't." Annabeth groaned. "If the both of you have sex, I won't be able to hear my music or study. And I really need to do well in Chemistry this year."

"Maybe you two should have sex?" Leo's voice made both me and Annabeth freeze. "You know, so it would technically be a threesome between you couples--"

"We're not a couple!" The sound of Leo's scream and a whack from a backpack told me what happened there.

"Why are we even talking about sex in the hallway?" I asked pointedly, motioning to a couple students who were eyeing us interestedly. That was just creepy. "Also, I'm pretty sure Miss Fitzergald just walked by and heard everything."

We all turned to watch the lean figure prance around the halls, her bony neck like one of a bird's. "Jesus, she looks severe, even outside of the classroom," Frank muttered.

Leo shrugged. "Okay, well, I've gotta get back to my girl."

"Calypso?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Uh... no, she's not my girlfriend."

"You have a girlfriend?!" the six of us screamed so loudly that I was sure every teacher could hear me.

Suddenly, the intercom screeched above us. "Percy, Annabeth, Hazel, Frank, Jason, Piper, Leo--God, I need a breath after that..." Principal Sassan's voice crackled. "I can hear you yapping from my office--did you forget you're literally three feet from my door? And Valdez, a girl you met on a video game doesn't count as a real relationship." He paused. "Don't ask me how I know."

With that, the intercom crackled and fizzed out. "A video game girlfriend?" I asked.

"Okay, don't!" Leo put his hands up.

"You have a video game girlfriend?" Piper asked, emphasizing the words 'video game'.

"What game?" Jason and Frank asked in unison.

"Shut up!" Hazel whacked the both of them on the shoulder.

"How did you even kiss?" Annabeth asked, scrunching her nose and adjusting the pile of books in her arms.

I stared at him. "Bro, she's not real."

"She's real!"

"No, she's not! What about the sex?"