Chapter 28 || Let's Play A Game

Annabeth Chase, October 7, 9:00 PM

We'd been sitting in a dark closet for half an hour and I was literally about to climb the walls. I can't help that I'm fidgety! Percy seemed to be squirming slightly. I had originally planned to call Piper, but I had left my phone by the speakers to play music and Percy said he had put it on the kitchen counter when he was getting the liquor, so we were both kinda fucked.

And what was worse? The awkward silence.

Because he and I had some pretty unresolved tension. From our kiss.

Ew, even thinking about me kissing him is making me grossed out.

But his lips were pure bliss. That man may be a player, but he had the tongue and mouth of a Greek god. Holy fuck, if my first kiss was something other than hot, I had no idea what it was. Because I knew girls who would die to be me.

But that was already the case before Percy fucking Jackson, so fuck me.

I glanced at the door again. We'd given up a while ago, when no one answered our desperate cries and pounding. It wasn't that surprising, though, since everyone was outside partying and we were in this stupid closet trying to get shot glasses.

I couldn't stand the silence, though.

"Fuck, Percy!" I groaned. "This sucks."

"Tell me about it, Chase," Percy chuckled half-heartedly. "I can't even drink!"

"I meant the fact that I was stuck in a closet with you," I retorted, rolling my eyes. "This is the most unromantic thing anyone could put in a book." (A/N: Oh really?)

"Already making love fantasies, hm?" Okay, this is the Percy Jackson I know. We're good.

"Love fantasies? I'm thinking about grabbing that glass bottle up there and smashing it over your head," I bit back.

"Real mature, Wise Girl." I could see Percy stick out his tongue.

"Such a toddler." I shook my head. "Why don't you use that tongue of yours, stick it back in your mouth, and stop being that one whiny kid at Target?"

"Use my tongue?" Percy smirked. "Sure. Just tell me where."

"Percy," I warned. "You are an absolute asshole."

He paused, staring at me. "You just said 'asshole' after I was just talking about my tongue. Are you really trying to be suggestive?"

I also paused, staring into his eyes. We were way too close together. I don't even know how we got this close. One moment, we were sitting across the room from each other, the next, we're practically face to face.

"Aw, Wise Girl is speechless," Percy cooed playfully.

"I'm not speechless. I don't go speechless for anyone, much less a guy like you," I scoffed.

"You'll learn." Percy shrugged. "Every girl succumbs to my hotness at some point."

You are really hot. My eyes widened. The fuck, Annabeth?! Okay, this has been a very eventful weekend. 1. We fought after HOCO. 2. We kissed after HOCO. 3. WE'RE NOW STUCK IN A CLOSET. TOGETHER. AND I THINK THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ROMANTIC AND IT'S NOT.

"Yeah, the girls who wear dresses and baby tees and try to ride their skirts so far up their ass that they're practically in a strip movie, yeah," I replied. "But not me. Do I look like the type of person to wear a dress?"

Percy shrugged. "You looked... decent at Homecoming in a dress. I'd say you're learning."

"Yeah, well, it's a good thing what you say isn't always a fact," I spat. Annabeth. You're his friend. Stop being such a bitch and accept the compliment. "But in this case, maybe half of what you're saying is true. So, thank you."