Chapter 16 || Mall Double Date

Piper McLean, September 20, 10:00 AM

I sighed as Annabeth picked up our drinks from the Starbucks. That girl was a real spree-killer if she didn't have food with her, which I learned from the last time we went shopping... But, lessons learned, right?

"So," Annabeth said, smirking slightly. Oh, no. "How did it feel to kiss Jason?"

My cheeks immediately flushed and I glared at her. "Oh, shut up, Annabeth! Fuck you, it was an accident!"

"An accident?" Annabeth raised an eyebrow. "I refuse to believe that Goode lost two points because Percy and I got distracted by your little accident. It clearly wasn't. Aw... Piper's in love."

I swatted her hand away. "Stop that."

She smirked, her little dimples peeking out. "You do it to me all the time. Consider this payback, Pipes. Except, I'm shipping you with someone you like."

I raised an eyebrow. Is she saying she hates Percy? Because I know a smitten girl when I see one. "So, you don't like Percy?"

"We're under a temporary truce, Piper. It's for the sake of you guys."

"We get it." I sighed. "We're too innocent to see you two fuck--"

"EW! FALALALALA!" Annabeth yelled, plugging her ears.

"Relax, relax," I laughed, pulling her arms back to her sides. "I won't tease you for much longer, but you can't kill me because we're friends."

"I know, and I hate that I can't kill you," Annabeth huffed, crossing her arms. "Damn you, Pipes."

I shook my head. It was time to get to business. "Okay, but you still haven't picked out a dress for Homecoming. It's ten days away! How ever will you plan out your hair, your makeup, or your shoes?"

She stared at me with a dead look in her eyes. "It's just Homecoming. Chillax--"

"CHILLAX?" I could feel the bubbles inside me beginning to burst. "Annabeth, Homecoming is the dance where you make the appearance, and you want people to vote for you to be Homecoming princess!"

She frowned. "I do?"

"YES!" I took a deep breath. "Homecoming is bigger than Formal. It's your chance to show who you are in this dazzling new school, and you better make yourself look like the hottie you are."

"This is a pep-talk to yourself... isn't it?" Annabeth asked tiredly.

"Half and half." I shrugged. "Self-love is the best love. Now, I'm finding you a dress, shoes, and a nice hairstyle."

"Okay, okay." She put her hands up. "We'll go find the dress and shoes, but I draw the line at hairstyles. I don't want my head to look like a bird's nest."

I narrowed my eyes. "Okay, that was once in sixth grade, when we had the Sixth Grade Dance! If you ask me, I made bird-hair a trend. I was a trend-setter, Annabeth!"

She sighed. "If you say so."

Percy Jackson, September 20, 12:00 PM

"Thank you," I said as I took the tuxedo from the cash register.

She wrapped it nicely in a little bag and I shouldered it, walking out of the store. I had decided to go out shopping with Beckendorf, Travis, and Connor, because we had also decided it would be a great day to get wasted, since it was a Saturday. Plus, Travis lost a bet during practice, so he agreed to pay for everyone's drinks.

"This is gonna be sweet," Connor chuckled, elbowing his twin. "Thanks for paying, bro."

"Wait, so who are you taking to the Homecoming dance?" I asked Beckendorf, who shrugged, red rising to his cheeks. "Uh, you don't know her. She doesn't go to this school."