Chapter 21 || Spill Your Champagne, Please

Piper McLean, October 4, 10:00 AM

I sighed, relaxing in the steam room. It was just Annabeth and I at the spa today, which was surprising, considering Saturdays were when the spa was most packed. I placed the towel over my face and let out another deep inhale and exhale.

"While I'll never admit to liking this, maybe spa days aren't so bad," Annabeth said. "Sometimes, a girl just needs to pamper herself for a bit."

I smiled. "See? That's what I'm talking about! Consider it my treat. We should come to the spa regularly. What do you say?"

"I dunno..."

"Please?" I clasped my hands together.

"Fine." Annabeth groaned. "But only because I know my muscles and tissue will benefit from a good massage now and then. I still think beauty is a little bit... blech."

"You think that now." I smirked. "Come back in a year and see what our friendship will do to you."

She grabbed my hand. "If it's for our friendship, it'll be worth it." She stiffened and released my hand. "Goddamnit, Pipes! Now you've made me all sappy!"

I chuckled. Same old Annabeth. "It's a step forward, darling. You were always so beautiful, and I to admit I was a little bit jealous of you sometimes."

Annabeth gasped. "Me? Piper, you can't be serious!"

"I am serious!" I said sadly. "You're so effortlessly pretty, Annabeth. You can just roll out of bed, put on the essentials, and just leave. The most you do is mascara and the occasional concealer when you've got a hangover. I have to spend forever getting ready."

Annabeth took the towel off her face, as did I. "But you come out much more beautiful. And beauty is subjective. There are tons of people in school who think you're pretty. And if there's people who think I'm pretty, I really don't care. Who says we can't both be pretty?"

I smiled at her. This was the best friend I loved. "No one. You're right, Annie."

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Imma let that slide because we're talking emotions right now."

"Ladies, your couples massage is ready," a woman said, poking her head into the steam room. "I'll take you to the room now, if you could please step outside."

Jason Grace, October 4, 10:30 AM

A knock came at my door and I looked in surprise to see that it was Percy.

I smiled. "Hey, Perce. What's up?"

He shrugged, pulling out two tickets. "I was wondering if you were interested in having a guy's day. I don't really have many plans today, but I was wondering if you'd be interested in seeing a concert with me tonight and turning the rest of the day into one big hangout?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Who's performing?"

"Frank Ocea--"

"I'm in." I frowned. "But why are you asking me? Why not one of your friends from sports or whatever?"

"Why not you?" Percy shrugged. "We're friends, too. And it's nice to get a change of scenery. You can be awesome, too."

"Don't you wanna invite Frank?" I asked, pointing down the hall to his room.

Percy smiled smugly. "He's with Hazel."

I raised my eyebrows. "Hazel, hm? What are they doing?"

"Dunno." He shrugged. "They're in her room right now, probably doing something quiet and productive."