11. Future Husband

''A moment. I do not wish to see you go.'' Alicent said running up to her father. Aislynn moved sluggish behind her kicking at the stones of the old path.

''Such is the King's decision.'' Otto reminded her solemnly.

''A decision I most bitterly regret.'

''And yet, you made it possible. You chose Rhaenyra.'' Otto reminded her.

''She swore her innocence, and I believed her.'' Alicent retorted

''You wanted to believe her, as did her father'. Otto used to think thank the Gods I have one good and innocent child in Alicent but now he knew that Aislynn was the one that would have stood up for him, not Rhaenyra. Put family first. Aislynn understood that, she did the dirty work to protect her family. Otto wished Alicent had a bit more of Aislynn in her at times. 

''Your informant was wrong. An honest mistake, perhaps, but I did not foresee this!'' Alicent countered.

''You should have.'' Otto warned as his gaze shifted to Aislynn.

'If you had not been so relentless in advancing Aegon as heir!' Thunder rumbled as the rain poured down around them.

'Listen to me, daughter. The King will die. It may be months or years, but he'll not live to be an old man. And if Rhaenyra succeeds him, war will follow, do you understand? The realm will not accept her. And to secure her claim, she'll have to put your children to the sword. She'll have no choice.'' Otto warned her and Alicent started to whimper 'You know it. You're no fool, and yet you choose not to see it. The time is coming, Alicent. Either you prepare Aegon to rule, or you cleave to Rhaenyra and pray for her mercy.'' Otto hugged her goodbye before he turned to Aislynn

"You have to be strong protect them. Alicent has a soft heart." Otto whispered.

"If by soft mean easily manipulated by you and the princess then yes she does have a soft heart." Aislynn agreed.

"You see the truth you and your brothers have always seen the darker side of things please I know you will protect her I know I don't need to ask you but I can't be here to look out for you for any of you." Otto whispered.

"Don't worry I will take great care of them no one will mess with my family."

"I love you Aislynn."

"I love you father."

"You know your mother always said your name meant hearts desire but I thought it meant dream or vision. I now think it is one and the same." Otto remarked. Aislynn stared back at him as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I wish your mother could see you now. She would be so proud at the woman you are."

"Thanks daddio." Aislynn whispered hugging him before he turned to his horse staring back at it, he didnt want to leave his girls. 

"Lord Hand." Corlys declared. 

"Lord Corlys, what a surprise." Otto remarked turning around. 

"Are you going on a trip?" Corlys questioned. 

"Rhaenyra was caught in a pleasure house with her uncle." Otto remarked bluntly. "The king sacked me for telling him as such." 

"A pleasure house?" Corlys scoffed. "I knew she wasnt a good choice as heir." 

"I agree but Viserys... did you need something? My replacement is Lord Strong." Otto grit back. 

"A proposal actually." Corlys agreed. 

"A proposal?" Otto didnt understand. 

"For laenor and Lady Aislynn. SHe came to the camps-"

"She what?" Otto demanded. Corlys cleared his throat. 

"They got on great, she is a real leader, she was perfectly safe." Corlys assured. "I just thought... a union between them. they are both past due." 

"yes." Otto agreed quickly. "I would love that. Lets get that started quickly."

"Wonderful." Corlys agreed. Otto knew of Viserys plans for Rhaenyra and Laenor so Otto was going to squash their plans and Corlys was already on board with the idea, Otto didnt have to do anything. 

"I will get Aislynn, we will head out." Otto offered. 

"Wonderful!" Corlys declared. "Wonderful!" 

"What?" Aislynn countered. 

"Yes. Wonderful!" Otto agreed ushering her towards the ship. 

"Daren!" Aislynn demanded. "Where is Pope?" 

"Sleeping." Daren answered. "Where are you going?"

"To driftmark apparently." Aislynn remarked. 

"I'm coming." Daren agreed climbing onto the ship. 

"Duh." Aislynn agreed. 

"Why are you going to driftmark?" Daren questioned as Otto and Corlys spoke at the top deck. 

"To see my future husband."