13. Victoriously

Already Mine / Lucerys Velaryon out now!

"Rhaenyra, what a surprise." Tommy remarked. 

"What are you doing here?" Rhaenyra countered sharply. 

"I'm here about an engagement." TOmmy remarked.

"YOu are getting married to Laena?" Rhaenyra questioned skeptically.

"NO, Aislynn's union." Tommy corrected. 

''I congratulate you, Lord Lyonel. I can think of no man more suited to be the Hand of the King.'' Corlys said kindly but there was still a thick tension in the air.

''That is very kind of you to say, Lord Corlys.'' Lyonel replied. ''His Grace has honored me with the post.''

''Pity about Ser Otto." Corlys added. "he is a great man, honest man, served the realms well for years, a big reputation to live up to." 

''Despite spending most of my days amidst the grandeur of the Red Keep, the halls of High Tide never fail to impress.'' Viserys remarked changing topic.

'You flatter me, Your Grace.'' Corlys told him, forcing a smile. 'Though I do wish we could meet under happier pretenses.''

''How so?''

'Daemon's wife, the Lady Rhea Royce, has passed''. Corlys informed them.

''A hunting mishap. She was thrown from her horse. Her neck and skull both crushed in the fall.' Rhaenys added

''A most surprising end. Lady Rhea's skill as both rider and hunter were well-known.'' Corlys agreed

'The gods are cruel.'' Rhaenys added

''Indeed. Lady Rhea was a fine woman and a, uh... good wife to my brother. Sad thing that she and Daemon have no heirs to succeed her.'' Viserys told them stiffly.

''She stood to inherit Runestone.'' Corlys reminded him and Viserys bit back a response.

''Mayhaps we can turn toward happier pursuits.'' Viserys offered, he said needing to show strength.

''What did you have in mind, Your Grace?''

''I wish to propose a marriage between your son, Ser Laenor... and my daughter and heir, the Princess Rhaenyra. It's long past time our houses were united in blood. The last pillars of Old Valyria." Viserys offered them through another cough.

''You honor both me and my house, Your Grace. But I'm sorry, Laenor has already been betrothed." Corlys corrected. 

"To who? I didnt hear such announcement?" Viserys countered stiffly. 

"Lady Aislynn Hightower." Corlys answered. "It was quite recent."

"Aislynn... Aislynn Hightower?" 

"I'm sorry you wasted the trip, but Aislynn and Laenor are set to be wed within the moon." Corlys remarked. Otto glanced in from the window and a smirk covered his face at Viserys pinched face. 

"I dont think you understand what I'm offering." Viserys corrected. 

"I think I do." Corlys corrected. 

"Laenor could be king consort." Viserys remarked. "He will be nothing with Lady Aislynn."

"Your grace," Corlys tsked. 

"I didnt mean..." Viserys huffed out a breath. 

"I am sorry you wasted the trip but after hearing such unsettling news at the capital, I can say with compete certainly that I made the right choice in asking for a union with Aislynn and Laenor." Corlys remarked. 

"What unsettling news?" Viserys bit back. 

"COuld be just a rumor but I suppose once word got rolling of Rhaenyras... nightly activities the whole realm will know." Rhaenys added. "No man in their right mind would touch her with a ten foot pole." She added. Corlys smirked back at her while viserys paled. 

"I'm sorry your grace, you should have accepted lord Jason lannisters proposal when you had the chance, only a lannister would be so foolish now." Otto remarked. Viserys turned sharply to Otto. Viserys knew what he had to do. 

"I'm glad I came here. I know who Rhaenyra will wed." Viserys decided. 

"Oh?" Corlys questioned. 

"I will engage her to Aegon." Viserys declared and Otto huffed a breath, his gaze shifting to his feet. That cunt. "Sure the union will take years before Aegon is ready for marriage but, twas my previous hands idea and I'm starting to think its a great idea." Viserys declared. Otto nodded stiffly. 

"As if your right." Otto agreed. Corlys looked to Otto cautiously. 

"Unless lord Laenor's union were to fall through," Viserys added. "Laenor could be king consort still."

"Trying to poach Aislynn's betrothed right in front of me." Otto tsked. 

"The question twas for Lord Corlys, not yourself Otto." Viserys reminded puffing his chest. Otto scoffed turning to walk away, Corlys looked between them but meeting Viserys gaze. 

"I'm sorry your grace, but Laenor will wed Aislynn Hightower."

Otto smiled back at them victoriously.