29. Happily Ever After... Except Rhaenyra

Little Jace was still viserys family. He didnt expect alicent to raise jace as her own but jace would live and study with his aunt helaena and uncles. Viserys would not push away another child that needed him.

Alicent appreciated his new turn of heart. Towards her towards the children, she could get used to this new version of her husband.

But daemon had to come back and stir the pot. He was good at it. But alicent didn't want him to ruin all the progress they had made. Viserys had always been putty in daemons hand. Let his little brother walk all over him. He made a lot of progress in the right direction. Daemons presents threatened to ruin that.

"Sorry Im late." Daemon remarked. "What the fuck did you do?"

"Daemon. You will not talk to me like that." Viserys demanded.

"Laena!" Laenor declared. "Laena you are back! Oh these must be your girls, when mother went to visit. I should have come with but much like father I thought I would murder daemon for keeping you hostage."

"I wasnt a hostage." Laena corrected softly.

"You just werent free either." Laenor countered.

"I want him dead." Corlys admitted.

"Ask and you shall receive." Aislynn agreed. "Wait who are you talking about? I dont want us to be thinking of the wrong person and then another one bites the dust for no reason besides i dont like him."
Aislynn admitted bluntly.

"Daemon." Corlys hissed.

"Oh good we were thinking of the same person." Aislynn agreed.

"Aislynn you cant kill-"

"I hate to get my hands dirty." Aislynn agreed. "No. I have family in low places. Laena wont be leaving us anytime soon." With that aislynn strut off.

"I want a dragon." Aemond whispered moving to Caraxes. "When will it be my turn? My time?"

"I want one too." Aislynn agreed coming up behind him. "What about this handsome guy?"

" he already has a master . I can't claim a dragon that's already been claimed."

" what happens when the dragons owner dies? Do they have to live without a rider?" Aislynn pondered.

" no." he corrected. " they can be claimed again."

" wonderful so just wait until daemon is killed- dies. I meant to say die, of course." Aislynn assured.

" it doesn't matter because he's alive and there aren't any other dragons around..."

" do you know my kiddos eggs haven't hatched yet I'm hoping one day soon. Laenor takes me riding on seasmoke. He's a handsome beast." Aislynn remarked. " some say that Targaryen were meant to fly, but I think if given the chance we're all destined to fly... way or another."

"What do you mean?"

"Aemond my handsome little man you will fly- not in years from now, but soon really really soon you just have to be brave enough to claim a dragon when the time comes do you think you can be brave for me?"

"I can be brave." Aemond agreed.

"Good boy." Aislynn agreed. "Keep your chin up." Aemond lifted his head high.

"You have been quiet." Aislynn glanced up from her supper. "You are never quiet."

"How much does your sister love her husband?"

"I hate him." Laenor countered.

"Good enough for me." Aislynn agreed. Aislynn clinked her glass. "A toast. To Aegon." Daemon scowled back at her as he came to the table nhe snatched up a glass and guzzled it down.

"To a rightful heir," he poured another drink and aislynn smiled sipping her own.

"Only one glass aegon. You dont want turn into a drunk like daemon." Aislynn purred knowing it would only spur daemon to drink down the poison.

"You know we came all this way you-" daemon coughed out. "-you people have denied me-" another cough. Blood dribbled from his lips. "Denied me what-" blood spewed from his mouth as he dropped his glass. "Is..." he was choking out.  Falling to his knees. Aislynn didnt flinch as everyone else got up rushing to him.

"In all the history of man daemon you are the most predictable." Aislynn decided.

Tommy smirked back at her. Wolfsbane was a highly toxic plant. Ground up into a fine powder and laced along the glass and in the bottle he exclusively drank down it didn't take long. Not with how daemon drank.

Aislynn was right. Aemond didnt have to wait long and caraxes didnt got more than a day before he got a rider again.

And they all lived happily ever after , except for Rhaenyra who lived a very bitter life with the faith.

🎉 You've finished reading History of Man / Laenor Velaryon / Aislynn Hightower / Animal Kingdom Crossover 🎉