The Masquerade Unmasked Part 2

One of the last protectors of the Elven Scrolls was in danger of being caught and killed from the Dark Elves that were in pursuit. Callum Leolan was in desperate need of protecting the rules and governmental laws, spirit and magic of his nation. It behooved him to escape and get out of the temple before those Scrolls were taken from them forever. 

In the temple he stood his ground.

The thief leaped to the teen and he dodged him enough and dashed to the other side. The blade almost nicked him in the face. "You're foolish if you think you can stop us." The thief tossed the blade at the boy again and Callum got out of the way. "I'm not ...letting you take that scroll!" One of the thieves tried to run up the stairs quickly but the nimble boy was able to leap ahead and over them. He kicked him in the head turning to the members of the Secret Society of the Thorn in the large temple. He reacted to and dodged back several quick throws of blades from the members which stuck on the wall behind him.

He leaped back on one of the upper platforms almost slipping on the thin rail. He knew he had but seconds before the third member ran, jumped and caught him. Members of the Society were quick and decisive. They were only a select few in the Kingdom. They rarely appeared out in the open unless it was something they wanted. Few were able to thwart them but Callum was the only one in there to try. The Tome of Souls was in a room on the upper platform above them in a glass case protected by an enchantment blocking anyone that wanted to take it.

It was fairly easy to get to it. But getting it out of the case would require someone that was acquainted with the magic arts. A specific field that only a wizard would know how to unlock. That wizard was in that room. And Callum stood in between them. The young elf had been raised by his brethren in the company of his father, Elrund. He taught his son the techniques of using the daggers he now held. It took years of training in field events in Asteria for him to be able to wield those daggers. Months of field tests but this was his first encounter with the enemy. He also learned how certain drinks and plants were poisonous. Methods he could use to delay them at least.

"No matter what this boy does, find the book and the sword! Failure will not be acceptable!" The agents moved toward the upper chamber. Callum leaped forward past the thieves, kicking them and punching them several times. He was able to throw one of them down the stairs in a cacophonous fury. He kept hitting them as two of the members converged on him. At that moment everything slowed for him. Callum could hear the subtle moves of the members' hands against him. Enough so that he was able to break free from the hold they had on him. He leaped on the rails above and flipped up and over to the next railing. He somersaulted and jumped up high to the next room where the door was. The thieves also lept to the spot behind him. He had made it. But three of thieves cornered him. He realized there was no other way out.

His back was against the wall pressed into the corner. He breathed several gasps. "Time to end this little one! No going back now! This is way out of your league. No one is coming to save you."

"I won't...It's you, who will end this sacred desecration! You have dishonored your clan! For that, I cannot let you through." He grabbed his short sword that was in its sheath and took it out. Its long sharp blade gleamed in the midnight glare of the moon. Callum held the sword tightly as he knew he was heading into uncharted territory. His hands trembled at the thought of challenging these thieves.

"So as we must. You have chosen to side against us. Your fellow brethren. And have decided your fate." responded the lead Society member.

They move against him with their swords swiftly matching his in unison. The intrinsic blades exposed the strength of the thieves. They were stronger than him but not necessarily quicker. He moved away from the door and maneuvered both of the thieves away as well. In the fight, Callum jumped to an opposing wall in an attempt to get the edge on the thief with brown locks. He moved toward him with inherent quickness cutting through the thief's iron armor. The thief was matching him surprisingly well in strikes. However in a fit of rage he sliced through the iron cutlass of the uniform. Callum then twisted the sword up into the thief's face, knocking him back onto the flight of stairs.