The Inevitable War Begins

The act of cruelty displayed in this chapter is a solitary event. It does not resemble the rest of the characters in this story.  

Lord Fenmenor Firash

 November 16, 885 A.E.

Now.

In the hidden but fortified Elven city of Ishenora, Dark Elf Fenmenor Firash sat in his throne room amongst his elite guards writing and issuing orders to his elf operatives. He wanted them to find and rescue his dark brethren amongst the human settlements of the Kingdom of Ashview. And it was to be by any means necessary. Where he sat was in one of the highest castles in the outer suburbs of Ishenora. Firash knew that by issuing these orders he was committing an act of war against those humans that opposed him. In his mind, he did not care. They had taken his former living area, his village, his town, everyone he had grown to know and love from him and turned them into beasts of battle. He and his men, women and children had to abandon his village and go on the run to the then deserted city of Ishenora.

This nation was created before humans existed on the continent by previous elf communities. They created the city before humans brought their technology to the cities around it. And yet the humans disregarded all nature around it. But those in the employ of Lord Fenmenor Firash knew they would not stop there. The human King's forces were on the move. And they would be at their gates soon enough. He had them stationed at the gates of the city waiting for his Elite Dark Urukan squad. They were a savage warrior race. Full of malice and contempt. Their long hairs down their back covered only what was on the surface of what they felt for others. They had teeth like sharpened knives that they used to chew and rip the meat off whatever animal carcasses they could find. Firash used his Elite squad very pointedly.

He trained them in the art of Elek-Kai, it was by the very heart of the sword. The very essence of the fight. And Firash himself had been trained in swordplay as well by years of swordsmen and people committed to teaching him. He studied the line of armored Uruks eager to display their strength and power. Firash knew that the humans were going to arrive. There had been rumors of a uprising in the recent battles against them in cities of Denbrook, and in western Manteau. His Urukan forces were pressing the human forces on certain fronts, especially on the food front. There presence in those cities was blocking the inhabitants from getting food and supplies in.

Fenmenor used flight packs from his armored flank from his Dark Elf warriors to deter some human agents delivering those supplies, but it was difficult. He could not sense beyond the wants and desires of his men to catch them off guard. But the humans had help. He was waiting for the Intel to tell him where to strike the squads in the villages. Just then a quick knock on the meta-crystalline door from outside the room. He glanced at the door at first but then he observed the picture in the executive room. The picture was of his brothers and of his friends when he was younger. They were in the yards playing boomer-tag with friends. The action oriented physical game was a game of skill and delicate precision.

10 years ago...In the Capitol City of Asheview...

Fenmenor totally ruled it in the World Boom Tournaments that he went to. It became a fun outlet for him. In one of those tournaments, he began to form a friendship with another skilled elf. She was a gifted thrower, one of the best in her class. When she came upon Fenmenor during a flight test, she didn't think of him as immediately charming in his manner to her. He started off clumsy. But he grew on her. Fen would always find something to be positive on when he was with her at the trials.

During one of their trials, she was wearing a pretty figurine around her neck. It was of a Elven girl dancing with a brown bear, and it sparkled in the sunlight. He mentioned this to her when they had met each other. She chuckled. Veyda knew that it was hard for him to show emotion to her initially. And she thanked him and touched his cheek. She said it meant a lot to her. Both Veyda and Fen went to the makeshift barn to work on his boomer. She immediately found what was wrong with the model flyer. His boomerang had failed to operate due to the rotor mechanism being damaged. She stayed and helped him fix it up until flight time. But it was not easy.