Chapter Eleven

Lexi

Running as Lily was amazing. Seeing everything through her eyes was refreshing. And seeing those closest to me in their wolf form? I can't even describe it. My mates were breathtaking. They were just as gorgeous in their wolf forms as they were in human form. The Moon Goddess had truly blessed them, and me.

I didn't realize just how big the Blue Moon territory was until we finished our run. It was easily twice the size of Dark River. I have no idea how much time passed when we finally made it back to where we started. Liam and Marc had left our clothes behind a tree so that I could change without everyone seeing me naked. I didn't mind as I knew it was in our nature as wolves, but clearly my mates didn't want anyone to see me. I quickly changed and then walked to my mates.

"Marc, how huge is your territory? I knew it was a good size when we got here. But now I realize it is much bigger after running the perimeter."

He kissed my cheek as he and Liam grabbed my hands.

"Blue Moon is about 40 acres, which is just the pack home. We have additional space with different businesses. Those are a few miles from here though. What you don't see from here, or while we were running, are the other smaller pack houses. They are spread out through the territory. So that families can have privacy and whatnot. My parents have their own little place away from the main pack house. It works for us since we are a slightly bigger pack."

I nodded as we got closer to the party. There was music playing and Jack had brought out some pizzas. I noticed there were now tables set up in the yard. I could tell it wasn't the whole pack. It seemed to be most of the younger wolves. They all smiled and waved as we walked by. Jess and Jared were already at a table with Daniel, so we joined them.

We made small talk while we ate. It was fun listening to stories of Marc from his Beta and Delta. They had all grown up together. Daniel was the jokester of the group which was easy to picture. Jared was the jock of the group and Marc was the leader. Typical of someone coming from Alpha blood. Watching Marc laugh with them was something I could get used to. Marc was across from me, and Liam was to my right.

Liam was already fitting right in. He had the same carefree energy as Daniel, and I am sure he would fit in with Jared and the warriors. Seeing my mates getting along made me feel better about our situation. I still wasn't sure exactly how it was going to work, but I knew we would find a way.

We had just finished eating when my parents, Marc's parents and Jack come to our table. Both sets of parents said they were going to retire to the former Alpha's house. They had a guest room that they offered to my parents until they leave tomorrow afternoon. We said good night and watched as they made their way to a path in the trees that I hadn't noticed before.

Jack sat a plate in the middle of the table. Blueberry muffins, just like my mother would make for us. Jess and I wasted no time grabbing one. We both took a bite and let out a moan. They were still warm from the oven. I was brought out of savoring the warm muffin when I heard the guys laughing at us.

"Man, if muffins can make your girls moan like that, then you guys shouldn't have any problems."