Chapter Twenty-Four

Lexi

I looked around the table, but nobody else seemed to hear anything. Was I going crazy?

'You aren't going crazy. Nobody else can hear me.'

I heard Lily growl in the back of my mind. This was an unknown voice. It didn't sound like a mind link. It was kind of like someone was talking to me from far away. What the hell was going on?

'You will find out soon enough. Go ahead and tell my Alpha cousin. I'm sure he will figure it out.'

My blood ran cold. How the hell did Zach get in my head? His witch. That is the only explanation I could think of. I must have done something to gather the other's attention, because I suddenly noticed five pairs of eyes staring at me. Marc looked at me with a worried expression.

"What is it, Little Wolf? You look like you have seen a ghost?"

"Can we take this somewhere else? Maybe our office. Away from prying ears. But we need to bring Whitney with us."

Marc nodded and I watched his eyes glaze over. When he closed the link, we all got up and made our way upstairs to the office. I sat on the love seat with Liam beside me. Marc pulled over his desk chair and Daniel pulled my desk chair over. Jared sat in one of the chairs with Jess on his lap, seemingly leaving the other chair for Whitney. Not long after we made ourselves comfy, Whitney joined us and sat in the empty chair. Before I could say anything, she spoke up.

"Lexi, I can already feel an energy coming off of you. I would like to feel it, if that is okay with you?"

I nodded and she came closer to me. She sat on the arm of the loveseat and held her hand out to me. I placed my hand in hers and watched as she cupped it with her other hand. She closed her eyes and started whispering in a language that I had never heard before.

I wasn't sure what exactly she was doing. I didn't feel anything except her touch. There wasn't any glow or smoke like when she was looking at the letter this morning. After a few more moments, she let go of my hand and opened her eyes. She had a mesmerized look on her face.

"So, I basically read your energy. It is different than say the power you can feel from other wolves. Your energy is like nothing I have encountered before. I can tell you are very powerful, but also that you would never abuse that power. You have a lot of love in your heart. You will be an astounding leader, and a force to be reckoned with. I could also feel the magic that Zach used to be able to speak to you. He does have a powerful witch on his side. Their power is similar to a coven that I knew while I was traveling in my early twenties. Now that I have this insight, I can reach out to this coven to see if they know who could be helping him. Marc, if you don't mind, I would like to do a protection spell in here, as well as around the perimeter. It will not hinder our pack but will make it harder for another witch to infiltrate us like this again."

I watched Marc nod his approval. I expected Whitney to get up to do the protection spell in the office. Instead, she stayed on the arm of the loveseat and closed her eyes. She spoke in the same unknown language as before and you could see a faint glow from her hands. She spoke for maybe three minutes and then was finished.

"If it is alright, I would like to do the perimeter now just in case he would decide to try anything again."

"Of course. Daniel and Jared, why don't you take a few warriors and do a perimeter sweep while Whitney does her thing?"

They nodded and the three of them left. Liam and Marc walked out onto the balcony that was attached to the office, leaving Jess and me in the office. She came over to the loveseat and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. I could feel myself relax, but not in the same as I do when I am in contact with my mates.

'We know how important you two are to each other. Our bond is not as powerful as the mate bond, but it is still powerful.'

"So, you didn't get to actually tell us what happened at dinner. Obviously, Whitney said Zach was able to get into your head and talk to you. What did he say?"

I turned to face Jess and folded my legs underneath me. She did the same thing and waited for me to answer.

"It was really strange. A few minutes before I heard his voice, I felt a chill. I didn't think it was anything because when I looked at you all, none of you seemed to notice. Then I could have sworn I felt someone breathing against my neck. That's when I first heard his voice. It was kind of like hearing a mind link, but different. I would say it was more like someone was talking to me from far away. That's the best way I know how to explain it. It was also like he could hear my thoughts. Basically, he said that he can't wait to see me in person."

The guys chose that time to come back inside. They each sat in the chairs sitting across from us. They both looked more relaxed. Liam looked a bit excited, and I could not figure out why. I heard Lily snort in my head and knew Logan must be telling her. I rolled my eyes and waited for one of the guys to start talking. Marc leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"We heard what you told Jess. Hopefully these protection spells that Whitney is placing will help. Since you aren't officially a member of this pack and you don't have the ability to mind link any of the members, I would like for you to have me, Daniel or Jared with you. Just in case something happens, and you need the warriors. It will only be until you are officially a pack member and our Luna."

"I understand. I think your mom still has Luna stuff to go over with us, so we will still have a pack member with us if we aren't in here with you. I still can't believe this is all happening. I just want one normal day. Is that too much to ask?"

"I know, Little Wolf. Hopefully we can figure out a sense of normalcy. There is one important task you have with my mother and Jess tomorrow that needs to be figured out before this weekend."

"What task is that?"

"You all need to plan your Luna ceremony."