Chapter Twenty-Five

Marc

I couldn't help but laugh. Their expressions could not have been more different. Lexi looked slightly terrified, while Jess could barely contain her excitement. Jess would definitely be the one to handle the party planning side of Luna duties. I held my arms out to Lexi, inviting her to sit on my lap.

"Don't worry, Little Wolf. It doesn't have to be extravagant. By the look on Jess' face, I don't think you will have to worry about anything. Your Luna Ceremony is also when I will officially ask Liam and Jess to join the pack. That is why he is so damn excited."

I rolled my eyes because you could actually feel the excitement rolling off of Liam. He was like a little kid on Christmas. The girls laughed at him and then we fell into a peaceful silence. Liam had taken Lexi's place on the loveseat and was now talking to Jess about something. I had been running my hand along Lexi's arm for a few minutes to relax her. I hadn't realized that she apparently fell asleep until I noticed her breathing was more even.

A few minutes later, Daniel linked me to let me know the perimeter was fine and that Whitney had finished her protection spell. I linked Jared to let him know that I would send Jess to his room. I scooped Lexi into my arms as we all left the office.

 We parted with Jess and Liam opened the door to our room. He found one of his shirts while I carefully undressed her. The day must have really exhausted her because she didn't even stir. Liam slipped his shirt onto her body and put her under the covers in the middle of the bed. We nestled into her on either side and sleep quickly consumed me.

I did not want to get up when my alarm went off. When I rolled back over after turning my alarm off, I realized that I was the only one still in bed. I even set my alarm for forty-five minutes before training started. Liam came out of our closet dressed in training clothes just as Lexi was coming out of the bathroom. She was dressed for training, too. I sat up in bed as Lexi made her way over to me.

"Hey, we were trying to not wake you. I just wanted to get a little training in before I meet your mom. I wasn't sure how early she would want to start. I probably should have figured that out yesterday."

She sat on the edge of the bed beside me and gave me a quick kiss. The kiss was very innocent, but it stirred something in Max. I wrapped an arm around her and pinned her underneath me. If I caught her off guard, she didn't show it. I was in fact taken off guard by the smirk on her face.

"Your eyes kind of gave you away. They kept flicking to Max, so I figured something was going to happen."

"Damn wolf. We still have forty-five minutes until training starts. How about a little warm up?"

I watched the smile spread across her face. I was a bit confused when her eyes glazed over, until I heard Liam make his way over. He stopped at the side of the bed, and I took that time to flip my position with Lexi. Now I was underneath her while she straddled me. I loved looking at her from this angle.

I noticed Liam taking his shirt off, and then he climbed onto the bed behind Lexi. I watched as he grabbed the bottom of Lexi's shirt and slipped it over her head. Her sports bra was next, and I could feel myself grow harder just from the sight of her topless.