Chapter Twenty-Eight

Lexi

I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into the bedroom. Marc had said that he was going to go on patrol with Daniel tonight and that I shouldn't wait up for him. I assumed Liam would be out with Jared and the warriors. So, I was quite surprised to see the cozy, romantic atmosphere in the bedroom. The dimmed lights and the lit fireplace really added to the cozy feeling.

As much as I wanted to stay snuggled up next to Liam, my stomach reminded me of how hungry I was. Liam chuckled as he moved his arm away and began to put food on plates for us. I was relieved to see that Jack had simply thrown together some finger foods for us. I much preferred this laid-back atmosphere over a fancy restaurant. I would have to let Marc know.

Liam handed me a plate and a bottle of water. We ate in silence, just enjoying each other's company. It was nice and peaceful. I loved that Liam and I could do something as simple as this and still be content. We didn't need anything extravagant to have a good time. Once we finished eating, he poured us each a glass of wine. I wasn't much of a wine person, but I enjoyed the taste of the blueberry wine that Jack had chosen.

"So, Lex. What does being a Lycan feel like?"

I couldn't help but laugh. I stretched out on the couch so that my feet were resting on his lap. He sat his glass on the table and immediately started to rub my feet. I could definitely get used to this.

"Honestly, so far there isn't a huge difference. Obviously, we have seen that Lily still looks the same for the most part. As in, I still stand on all four paws. The whole eye thing is pretty cool. I have noticed that my stamina has improved. I don't really feel like I get tired at all during the day. Like Marc pointed out, my muscles are more toned. Other than that, nothing else really seems different. How are you adjusting to being in a new pack?"

"It's been great, honestly. The guys have been very welcoming. I have to say, I never would have thought I would have to share a mate. Especially with the Alpha King. But it honestly just seems kind of natural too. I don't feel jealous when I see you and Marc together. Like this morning. I would have been perfectly fine going ahead to the gym until you asked me to join. Logan assures me you and Lily love us all equally."

"And we do. You have nothing to worry about. I have to say, this alone time is nice though. I think we need to make time to do this weekly if possible. With you and Marc. So that it doesn't seem like I am favoring one of you over the other."

"I agree. We can talk to Marc about it later. I think we have more important things to worry about with Zach right now. Hopefully his uncle can give us some kind of insight when he comes in a few days. Now, how about you wait here for a few minutes."

I looked at him, likely with a confused expression, as he smirked at me while heading to the bathroom. After finishing my glass of wine, I stood in front of the fireplace, enjoying the warmth it emitted. This was one of the reasons why fall was my favorite season, as it meant bonfires at night and mingling with the pack.

Lost in the mesmerizing flames, I was startled when Liam tapped me on the shoulder, causing me to jump. Rolling my eyes, I chuckled as he laughed and took my hand. Following his lead, I was once again surprised by what awaited me. The bathroom lights were dimmed, and candles were scattered around the tub. The scent of lavender filled the air, heightening my anticipation for a relaxing soak.

As Liam released my hand, he observed me undress. Stepping into the pleasantly warm water, I immediately felt my muscles relax. A smile crept onto my face as I noticed that Liam was undressing as well. To allow him enough space, I shifted forward so he could sit behind me.

I waited for him to get settled before leaning back against him. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I relaxed into his embrace. After a few minutes, I could feel his lips on my neck. He gently traced his tongue along the mark he had left there, sending a surge of electricity through my body. Every nerve ending came alive.

His hand moved between my legs, and just the touch of his fingers threatened to unravel me. Every sensation felt heightened. With his free hand, he cupped one of my breasts, and I could feel him react against my back. When he gently pinched my nipple, a loud moan escaped my lips. He then moved his lips to my ear, causing me to shiver from his breath.

"Let's continue this in bed," he whispered.

I scooted forward, allowing Liam to step out of the tub first. I needed a moment to regain my balance before attempting to stand. He grabbed a towel and first dried himself off, then gently dried my body. Taking my hand in his, he led me to the bed. As we approached, I noticed that the fireplace was still lit. I pulled him back towards the sitting area, where I quickly moved the table and spread out a blanket.

"I think this will do better than the bed."

He smirked before pulling me back against his body, cupping my face and bringing his lips to mine. Being with Liam was so different from being with Marc. Liam was always gentle and loving, while Marc was dominant yet loving. It was clear that the Moon Goddess knew I needed both in my life. I could hear Lily purring in the back of my mind, clearly in agreement.

Liam broke the kiss momentarily to gently guide me down to the ground. He positioned us both on our sides and then draped my leg over his waist. With a firm grip on my hip, he slowly slid inside of me, kissing me deeply as he waited for me to adjust.

He began to move with slow, deep strokes, hitting spots I didn't know he could reach. The passion built slowly, and I ran my hand up the back of his neck, gripping his short hair. He cupped one of my breasts and pinched my nipple, providing the push I needed.

I wrapped my leg tighter around his waist, silently begging him to go faster. He gently pushed me onto my back and increased his pace. Both of my legs wrapped around his waist and my hands found their place on his back. I moved my hips against his, and his lips found their mark on my neck. With one flick of his tongue, I was pushed over the edge.

"Oh fuck Liam. That was amazing."

He kissed me passionately as he reached his climax. He gradually slowed down, prolonging the blissful sensation. After our euphoria subsided, he slowly withdrew from me. Rolling onto his back, I cuddled up to his side, resting my head on his shoulder. He began to caress my arm while I basked in his warmth and the flickering flames. My mind wandered to cozy evenings spent curled up on the sofa by the fire, engrossed in a book while the guys enjoyed their drinks. However, my reverie was interrupted by Liam.

"You know, Lex, I've always loved you. Ever since I turned 18, there was an undeniable pull towards you. I initially attributed it to your close friendship with Jess, which only grew stronger as we entered our teenage years. I never suspected that it was because you were my mate, especially considering your young age. I dated other girls for a while, but I never slept with them. Once you grew older and we entered into our arrangement, I realized I didn't need anyone else. I found everything I desired in you. Now, I understand that the pull I felt was the mate bond. It just couldn't fully manifest until you embraced your wolf."

I propped myself up on my elbow to fully focus on Liam's face. He appeared vulnerable, but not in a weak sense. He exuded a sense of self-assuredness, as if he had been yearning to express this for a long time. Gently cupping his cheek, I kissed his lips tenderly. Resting my forehead against his, I took in his scent, feeling a sense of contentment.

"I used to be kind of jealous of your ex-girlfriends. Then I was the one you ended the day with. Now, you are mine forever. I love you too, Liam."

He gave me a quick kiss before pulling us both up to our feet. He pulled me into a tight hug. I couldn't get over how perfect I seemed to fit into the arms of Liam and Marc. We were in our own little bubble and didn't hear the door open. I jumped out of Liam's arms when I heard someone cough from the doorway. Marc was standing with his back against the door and his arms crossed over his chest.

"And I thought I gave you two plenty of time alone."